Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ISS pro -vs- FIFA

Options
  • 05-06-2001 1:42am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭

I cannot belive that a **** game like fifa can out sell iss pro like most people i know have fifa and not have iss pro. They claim that iss pro is too hard well that truely is a load of dog sh!t. I just cannot see how ppl can spend like 40 quid for a game that plays like a ice skating game. Then u can be a defender and dribble the ball all the way up to the other end and score. why would u want to buy that game whne u can get a f*cking exellent soocer game like iss pro i do not know

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,307 ✭✭✭richindub2

ISS Pro 98 on the n64 is THE best footy game imo.

*cough*
    daves l33t site 0wns j00.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

no no no but fifa has the REAL players names which makes it much better than iss
    *waving sarcasam stick*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭fisty

I recently bought a playstation 2 and i got FIFA 2001 on the demo disc and i was like "oh this is good" *sarcasm stick a 'wavin* - So anyway, I was in the market for a good footy game to while away a boring sunday and I was gonna buy ISS for the ps2.
    Now get this - It turns out it wasn't the same people that made iss pro/98 that made this... some crap branch of konami(spelling?)
    So I said **** it and I went out and bought ISS pro evolution 2 for playstation 1 which i can play on my ps2 (long name).
    And I must say HAHAHA its got the REAL NAMES (well most of them) the beutiful smooth set pieces and everything else that the previous ISS games had and more.
    My advice is buy this game and then go buy fifa.
    then burn fifa
    and have your iss disk painted gold and do a dance on its ashes.
    I think my work is done here.

p.s. lol?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,581 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by richindub2:
    ISS Pro 98 on the n64 is THE best footy game imo.

</font>

Isn't the 'Pro' series PS exclusive?

Anyway, in my mind, ISS Pro Evolution is probably the best footy game on any system. FIFA is easily mastered and offers little incentive to continue playing, whereas with ISS Pro Evo, you have to build your team up before you can win stuff, and its alot harder to master.

That said, for a quick game of footy, I'll either play ISS Pro 98 or Virtua Striker 2, they're really easy to get into.

btw fisty, the people who made the N64 version if ISS are responsible for the ps2 version. Many say the N64 version was streets ahead of the PS version, but I only played it briefly. smile.gif

Fear can sometimes be a useful emotion. For instance, let's say you're an astronaught on the moon and you fear that your partner has been turned into Dracula. The next time he goes out for the moon pieces, wham! You just slam the door behind him and blast off. He might call you on the radio and say he's not Dracula, but you just say, "Think again, bat man."
    hello.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Q_Ball

**shock**

I think fifa is the best for a 5 minute blast, and thats all i'd buy it for.

then again, thats all i'd buy any footie game for

It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.

HIT IT!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,307 ✭✭✭richindub2

Nakey - dunno if its pro? Its ISS 98 at any rate, its better on the N64 IMO because you can have a quick knock about without having to wait for loading screens + the analogue small joystick thingy 0wnz0rz in footy games

*cough*
    daves l33t site 0wns j00.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Q_Ball:
    **shock**

I think fifa is the best for a 5 minute blast, and thats all i'd buy it for.

then again, thats all i'd buy any footie game for

</font>

That's all I'd buy pretty much any computer game for to be honest... and yep- FIFA is grand craic smile.gif

Bard
    "Henry! The cat wants to go out!" ... "Oh dear, Min! Is he on fire, again?"

When i first played Fifa 2001 on the PS2 i was blown away with the graphics.I played my frist match and won 6 nill.Moved it up a level and won 6 nill moved it up to the top level and won 3 nill Hmmmmm .The ref sucks in the game he seems to have his own rules.Tackle from behind is allowed,and a tackle were you will the ball cleanly is a sending off offence .This is the only game i came close to breaking .I still come back to it now and again,as it looks really well .

Advertisement