Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Different Technologies

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

All well and good if sat does what you need and more ... £190 is the highest I've spent on any bill but realistically ... £40-£50 a month would be my upper limit and likely everyone elses considering poverty in the whole of ireland ...

If I could affort 200 a months discounting the pros and cons of pings etc ... I'd get a sat connection too ...

but even if it was cheaper there would still be hidden charges ... well not hidden as line rental covers phone and internet ... I'm still gona need a phone in the house which will be used rarely now and again, so that price might as well be £230 ...

Alright most of the guys including yourselfs and techies here and it looks attracitve but it doesnt look attractive for me ... Most people are affraid of computers, so will it look attractive to Joe Sope that just got his first computer out of dixons last week ?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Pragmatica:

Most people are affraid of computers
    </font>

I wouldn't agree with that- I think we're in a more tech savvy country than you seem to believe...

Anyway, - £200 per month would certainly be WAY out of the question for me - totally unaffordable... and that's not JUST because I'm "between jobs" right now. I don't think it's WORTH paying £200 a month for a home Internet service, but I guess that's part of the reason IrelandOffline are here, eh?

Bard
    'First motorbike in the bible ???? ---- a Triumph --- 'Yea verily Moses struck down the ammmanites and all the land heard the roar of his triumph !!!'

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Bard:
    I don't think it's WORTH paying £200 a month for a home Internet service, but I guess that's part of the reason IrelandOffline are here, eh?

</font>

I agree!!
    If I was a business dependant on the web... Maybe!

but...
    For something in the 3 figure zone (ie. £100+ ), i think I could better alocate those funds in other forms of amusement!!

80p.
    SAVE CHIP !!

you have to link pirce to quality of service,
    look at eircoms adsl, a 24:1 ratio on a mb link, now when 3 people are on line you getting less then you pay for, the problem is that at peak times thats going to become somethink that looks allot like the speed you get on a dac box,

At least in the uk its 50:1 on a 2mb link, given you a better chance of getting your bandwidth

Advertisement