Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Seminar Update

Options
  • 15-08-2001 6:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Just received confirmation that ESAT speaker will be Derek Kickham, CEO Esat Fusion.

Martin

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Good News Martin.

Hope none of the "SNL 2000" take his surname literally and decide to "Kickhim".

Great Stuff. Sending The CEO shows they know we mean business. wink.gif

80p.
    SAVE CHIP !!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Eircom should definitely send Kane now. CEO of UTV Internet, CEO of Esat? They'd be fools if they sent anyone else.

Martin, the achievements so far WRT to the seminar are astounding. Well done.

adam

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by dahamsta:
    Eircom should definitely send Kane now. CEO of UTV Internet, CEO of Esat? They'd be fools if they sent anyone else.
    </font>

Would he know much about the in and outs of the whole fiasco??
    I dont know his backrground or level of involvment in some of the technical matters, but I'd hate to see someone up there who was only going to comment on what hes been briefed on by someone "in the Know" at eircom.

Maybe someone like Pat Galvin (Regulatory Affairs) or Paul Walsh (Head of Pricing) maybe better able to answer the queries etc.

Having said this though, if Alfie is @ the coalface of the whole matter, I'd love to see him there. mad.gif

80p.
    SAVE CHIP !!

thats great news well done,

we will have to have a big push on getting people there

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Would he know much about the in and outs of the whole fiasco?? I dont know his backrground or level of involvment in some of the technical matters, but I'd hate to see someone up there who was only going to comment on what hes been briefed on by someone "in the Know" at eircom. Maybe someone like Pat Galvin (Regulatory Affairs) or Paul Walsh (Head of Pricing) maybe better able to answer the queries etc. Having said this though, if Alfie is @ the coalface of the whole matter, I'd love to see him there. mad.gif

All true, but you have to remember the first rule in situations like this - Alfie is the boss, he's the buy ultimately responsible. If he lays it off on someone else, he looks like a fool. If he can't answer a question, he looks like a fool. Basically, if he's not prepared, he'll get no sympathy from us. It's not hard to prepare for something like this anyway, they know what the questions are going to be.

[I don't mean that literally of course, I mean that even thick-Alfie-who-can't-run-a-tap-never-mind-a-telecommunications-company could figure out what they're going to be.]

adam

[This message has been edited by dahamsta (edited 16-08-2001).]

• Advertisement

Now, if that is not good news?

Well done, Martin.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

I've updated this name on our web site, thanks-

One question:
    Does UTV Internet's CEO chappie get a slot on the schedule to address the masses? (i.e.: will I add him to the "timetable" on the seminar announcement on the web site).

Bard
    'First motorbike in the bible ???? ---- a Triumph --- 'Yea verily Moses struck down the ammmanites and all the land heard the roar of his triumph !!!'

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Bard:
    ...Does UTV Internet's CEO chappie get a slot on the schedule to address the masses? ...</font>

Well, I for my part would love to hear what he has to say...

As far as I know UTV is independent from Esat/Bt and Eircom (please correct me if I am wrong), so your man may have a few interesting (not Eircom or Esat biased) views that he may like to share with us.
    And maybe UTV have a plan to bring their unmetered acces to the republic as well???
    I'd love to hear that.

Indeed. It would be great to get UTV Internet's CEO to talk at the conference. Seeing as his company operates both in the Republic AND in Northern Ireland, he could probably provide a very objective comparison of the operation environments here and there.

[This message has been edited by Urban Weigl (edited 16-08-2001).]

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Bard:

Does UTV Internet's CEO chappie get a slot on the schedule to address the masses? (i.e.: will I add him to the "timetable" on the seminar announcement on the web site).
    </font>
    No, he will not be making presentation or taking part in panel but we will make sure he gets a chance to contribute from the floor during Q&A session.

Whilst it would be interesting to hear what he has to say, IMO we are better using the time available to focus on the people who really control Internet access right now.

UTVInternet are currently offering a per minute service and have only said that they will offer unmetered when FRIACO is implemented. As far as I can see, they are not directly involved in pushing things right now, unlike ESAT who are actively negotiating with Eircom on FRIACO and LLU.

Martin

• Advertisement
Advertisement