Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donegal Folks - We're on Highland Radio !

Options
  • 16-08-2001 10:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Mainly of interest to Donegal users, I am being interviewed on Shaun Doherty show on Highland Radio tomorrow (Friday) - sometime after 10:30 a.m.

For those outside Donegal, Highland radio is easily the most popular radio show in the area - also the most successful in Ireland with 66% market share in the area! Shaun Doherty is their Pat Kenny/Gerry Ryan equivalent smile.gif

The station actually broadcasts live audio but I can't get it to work for some reason - anyone who wants to try, it's at www.highlandradio.com

Martin Harran
    Chairman, IrelandOffline

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Great Stuff Martin smile.gif

I tried their site there just a few mins ago. I think the link toitheir live stream is wrong....

vnd.ms.radio:http://www.cyberworld.ie/radio/Highland.asx

I think the bit @ the start is wrong !!??
    If they fix it before then, I'll definitley listen in. If you can get it onto tape/cd, you can send it to Niall for addition to our downloads section.

Great Stuff tongue.gif

[ PS- I'll take your word for it that Shaun Doherty is a superstar wink.gif ]

80p.
    SAVE CHIP !!

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by 80project.com:
    vnd.ms.radio:http://www.cyberworld.ie/radio/Highland.asx

I think the bit @ the start is wrong !!??
    </font>

If I leave off the vnd.ms.radio: it tries to connect but then gives up with a "server too slow to handle request" error.

Ah, roll on broadband frown.gif

Martin

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by o_donnel_abu:

Ah, roll on broadband frown.gif

Martin
    </font>

Too Right!!!

Whe I cut & paste the url into my Win MEdia Player this message appears after about a minute...

There was no timely response from the server
    Error ID = 0xC00D0013, Remedy ID = 0x00000000
    The file you want to play is on a server that did not respond in a timely manner. Windows Media Player attempted to make contact with the server that holds the file you wanted to play. For a number of reasons, including Internet traffic, a lost modem connection to your service provider, that server did not respond during the time that Windows Media Player waits for a response. So Windows Media Player gave up waiting for the server to respond and stopped trying to play that file. Try to play the file at another time.

Words dont describe the continuing frustration these little things cause me. How come everybody in the western world can hear bloody Highland Radio and I cant!!! AAAGGGGHHH!!!!

80p.
    SAVE CHIP !!

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by 80project.com:
    How come everybody in the western world can hear bloody Highland Radio and I cant!!! AAAGGGGHHH!!!! </font>

Hate to tell you this, but they have significant listenership in USA !

Martin

Wooo Hooo! Great new martin ... the link appears to be fine ... it's some kinda network problem and the download times out frown.gif

Shawn is easily the most popular man in doengal radio, it's another few bails of straw on the camels back smile.gif

• Advertisement

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Pragmatica:
    ... the link appears to be fine ... </font>

Got it working now.

Don't know if this is significant, but I downloaded latest components for Media Player. This gives toolbar at top. When I tried to connect from link on site got a network error. I then clicked on Radio Stations dropdown list, selected Highlandradio which had been added automatically to most recent list, and I'm now listening to it smile.gif

Martin

[This message has been edited by o_donnel_abu (edited 17-08-2001).]

Ill be tuned in on 103.3FM up here.. to highland.. not that i usually am.. but just for the cause wink.gif GO WAN O_DONNELL_ABU! smile.gif
    no, but seriously, Shaun is very popular and a good listen, in fact Highland is the most popular independent station in Ireland (it mentioned that yesterday on his show). ROCK ON ABU man smile.gif

"LOSE me.. Hate me.. SMASH me..
    ERASE me.. KILL me.."

nine inch nails - eraser

|Chief|...

cfx.gif

[This message has been edited by Chief (edited 17-08-2001).]

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 1,863 Mod ✭✭✭✭Slaanesh

Well done Martin, very professionally done.

Ronan.

TOP STUFF MARTIN!
    I got most of the folks here in work in Buncrana to listen, most of them hadn't a clue and you helped clue them up bigtime smile.gif PLYD! Keep up the good work! Rock on IoffL! smile.gif

"LOSE me.. Hate me.. SMASH me..
    ERASE me.. KILL me.."

nine inch nails - eraser

|Chief|...

cfx.gif

[This message has been edited by Chief (edited 17-08-2001).]

Listening to Highland Radio from Germany. No connections problems at all -- works flawlessly! Now, if only they could stream it as a 192kbps MP3 Pro stream as well... biggrin.gif

• Advertisement

Aargh. Damn. I read this thread a day too late. frown.gif I get Highland Radio although I seldom listen to it. How did the interview go? Has anyone recorded it to download from the net?

WILL D

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by irishblimp:
    Has anyone recorded it to download from the net?</font>

I arranged someone to tape it for me but umfortunately the tape recorder decided to go wrong just as the interview started frown.gif

Think it very unlikely that anyone else would have recorded it.

From feedback I've had, it seemed to go ok but hard for me to judge as I haven't even heard it myself - if you know what I mean smile.gif

Martin

Ah well. Just a pity I missed it. frown.gif

WILL D

Advertisement