Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

To all Irish Operators

Options
  • 19-08-2001 3:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Hi there,
    This is a message I would like to send out to all Irish Telecoms companies and all other licenced operators. I would like to make a simple request. Why dont you stop all your pussyfootin' around and give us some idea as to when you will actually be releasing your tooted broadband service eh???
    I have been to all your websites and they have not been updated once in the last three months or so, strangely enough with the exception of Eircom's site. On your site you go on about how ADSL or Cable is so great, but you are always so vague about any other information as to pricing or release dates. Come on and get your act together. Im sure there are alot of people out there willing to have some idea as to wether you will be releasing your products at all. Eircom, I think you should release the pricing for your DSL so we can plan ahead an remortgage our houses wink.gif to get DSL. Esat, Chorus, and anyone else out there, give us some answers, not the same waffle you told us in 1998.

Thanks for reading
    My rant ends here

Gluk

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Is this a petition? smile.gif

Whether it is or not, I second the (sentimen|motion).

The incumbent and the OLO's have been...

et cetera et cetera ad nauseuam

adam

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

this has my vote in it, fight for your right to a beter life, and better comunication

ohh but wait there too busy trying to get there dickfaced ISDN off the ground, i'd say 2008 before we see widespred xdsl

I agree also and Eircom should abandon ISDN for DSL and make life better for everyone. smile.gif

Also, what about even the basics like 24/7 unmetered 56k internet access? We don't even have that! frown.gif

WILL D

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by irishblimp:
    Also, what about even the basics like 24/7 unmetered 56k internet access? We don't even have that! frown.gif

</font>

56k should be the prime aim here then broadband.

you have to crawl before you can run.

Farls

• Advertisement

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Farls:
    56k should be the prime aim here then broadband.

you have to crawl before you can run.

Farls

</font>

I agree totally. I would settle for a decent, reasonably priced, reliable 24/7 flat-rate package before broadband any day. I'm not saying we shouldn't be pushing for broadband to be introduced ASAP but I think we need to take it once step at a time. If we can get flat-rate access in this country first, then we can really start pushing for broadband.

I agree with Farls; let's learn to crawl before we run.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Farls:
    56k should be the prime aim here then broadband. You have to crawl before you can run.</font>

As you already know, Farls, flat rate is of major importance to me personally but that doesn't apply to everyone. The objectives of IOFFL have been agreed from earliest days - flatrate + LLU + broadband,

Martin

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by o_donnel_abu:
    As you already know, Farls, flat rate is of major importance to me personally but that doesn't apply to everyone. The objectives of IOFFL have been agreed from earliest days - flatrate + LLU + broadband,

</font>

aye i know the score just getting a bit fed up with the whole broadband thing, cuz a fair few members are scattered around the country and the reality of the situation is that broadband will only be available in major cities/towns for years to come. So i'm just trying to keep the "objectives" fresh in everyones minds flatrate being the first on that list

cheers,
    Farls

I aggree that flat-rate should be top on the the list ... that way ... 1000's of more people could afford to be on the net and increasses the numbers campaining for broadband biggrin.gif

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Esat, Chorus, and anyone else out there, give us some answers, not the same waffle you told us in 1998</font>

Here,Here. I am getting fed up with being treated like a mushroom!

Monkeys could fly you know, given wings.

• Advertisement

I GODDAMN AGREE...i'm sick of the phone bills saying that i've to pay 160 for my isdn phone bill. I would say that the should at least roll out unmetered isdn access cos i'm FÚCKING SICK OF THE PHONE BILLS!!

(END RANT)
    |
    |
    |
    V

=DiE=[NeoSlicers]=
    -=Pistol Phr34k=-
    [-=p228 0wn5 j00!!!!=-]

don't know about anyone else, but if eircom introduced flat-rate isdn, I would be a happy camper considering I can't get anything else at the moment .... but knowing eircom, they won't

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by NeoSlicers:
    I GODDAMN AGREE...i'm sick of the phone bills saying that i've to pay 160 for my isdn phone bill. I would say that the should at least roll out unmetered isdn access cos i'm FÚCKING SICK OF THE PHONE BILLS!!
    </font>

If you are paying £160 for ISDN can I assume that you would be willing to pay £175 for Eircom's proposed premium ADSL service?

Advertisement