Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what games are you looking forward to playing?

Options
  • 11-06-2001 1:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭

I myself am looking forward to splashing my euros on:

Commandos 2- The first game owned my soul, and I don't see why this should be any different-

C&C-Renegade- Not even sure if this is still going to happen- but if it is- just the thought of strolling into a Hand of Nod makes me drool in anticipation

NeverWinter Nights- I've waited for this game so long it's untrue- being good friends with Ray Muzykama and knowing a lot of the playtesters at Interplay's QC/RPG section doesn't help my nerves any- it looks like it's going to change online RPG's forever.

WarCraft 3- But only if they keep the funny voice schemes- seriously a Roleplaying Strat game? Who would have thought it? Let's remind ourselves how long we had to wait for Starcraft- and how worth it that wait was...

HALO- You should have all heard of this by now- if not...then WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU?! biggrin.gif

Those are the main ones I'm looking forward to- will post more as I think of them.

Bob the Unlucky Octopus
    =Carpe Diem=

Comments

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Anarchy Online
    Neverwinter nights
    Warcraft 3
    Halo.

DeVore the Brief.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Chubby

DeVore's list plus...
    Doom3
    Unreal2
    (those 2 are prob more of the same)
    Gran Turismo 3
    Final Fantasy 10
    Xenosaga

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,944 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Duke Nukem Forever
    Unreal 2
    Deus Ex 2

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

Halo
    Armada 2
    Unreal 2

"just because you're not paraniod, doesn't mean they're not after you!"

• Registered Users Posts: 10,581 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Inno particular order

PC:
    Duke Nukem 4Ever
    Doom III
    Unreal II
    Return To Castle Wolfenstien
    Jedi Knight II

Console:
    Rogue Leader
    Luigi's Mansion
    Project Gotham

The face of a child can say it all, especially the mouth part of the face.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Swifty

Operation Flashpoint
    Return to castle wolfenstein
    Doom 3
    Unreal 2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 463 ✭✭Mikill

COMMANDOS 2.
    HALO.
    TF 2.
    BROKEN SWORD 3. (i've heard of this ages ago)
    UNREAL 2.
    DOOM 3.
    RED FACTION.
    PLANETSIDE.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 439 ✭✭tobi

Halflife Blueshift

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭FunkyChicken

Planetside
    Doom 3
    Return to Castle Wolfenstein
    Neverwinter Nights
    Warcraft 3
    (Legends of Might and Magic could be fun i'll wait to see it and judge tho)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 725 ✭✭✭pat kenny

Max Payne,
    Hidden and dangerous 2,
    Return to castle Wolfenstein,
    And maybe Medal of honour I'll have to wait and see if its going to be as good as it looks.

Don't stop movin to the S-club beat!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

DUKEM NUKEM FOREVER!!! FUP DEUS EX 2!!! FUP QUAKE 4!! FUP GLMINESWEEPER 0.1!! FUP DOOM 3!!! FUP UNREAL 2 FROM A GREAT HEIGHT!!

HAIL TO THE KING BABY!!

Hey Mr. Kenny! I love that song! Who's your favourite Spice Girl?

Lunacy Abounds! GLminesweeper RO><ORS!
    art is everything and of course nothing and possibly also a sausage

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

In order of release (probably)...

Max Payne.
    Devil May Cry.
    Duke Nukem Forever.
    Project Gotham Racing.
    Pikmin.
    Rogue Squadron II: Rogue Leader
    Unreal II
    Final Fantasy X
    Wave Race: Blue Thunder
    Xenosaga

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

Oh FYI Occy...
    <font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">C&C-Renegade- Not even sure if this is still going to happen- but if it is- just the thought of strolling into a Hand of Nod makes me drool in anticipation</font>

Was playing it at E3. Looks very well advanced and should be very interesting indeed. Expect release this year.

And also, Halo is now definitely an Xbox title only. Spoke to the Bungie dudes, who basically said that they haven't touched the PC build in 6 months... which is a LONG time in Halo development terms... So no keyboard/mouse play for you, at least not for a long, long time after Xbox launch.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭adnans

myeslf, i cant wait to get my grubby hands on:

warcraft 3 (the 3 stands for 3d smile.gif )
    TF2 (finally some competition to cs)
    commandos 2 (single player goodness = low phone bill)
    unreal II (this game is gonna own me... for about 3 days)

whats your locomotive?

adnans

update:
    looks like most peeps cant wait till they get their hands on Unreal II. is that it? better start saving your pennies kids cause its gonna take a mental machine to run the game.

[This message has been edited by adnans (edited 13-06-2001).]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Swifty

Oh yeah , throw in these to mine aswell

Max Payne
    Commandos 2
    Duke nukem 4ever

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭Xithus

In no order;

Final Fantasy 10,
    Secret of Mana game for PS2,
    Star Trek: ArmadaII,
    Gran Turismo3.
    Star Trek: Bridge Commander.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

I've got to go with

HL:BlueShift

and providing i had a more "l33t3r" computer or setup...

probly Op Flashpoint or unreal 2

DRAKe

• Registered Users Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭adnans

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by ThunderingMike:

These are all sequels really. Kind of sad.
    </font>

me too mike, at least I know I cant go wrong cause the originals were great. smile.gif

adnans

• Registered Users Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭Monty - the one and only

Planetside
    ST:Armada 2
    ST: Dominion wars
    ST:Bridge Commander
    Unreal 2
    Dues Ex 2

It is not a fairytail. It is truth

www.scifi-meshes.com

[This message has been edited by Monty - the one and only (edited 12-06-2001).]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭Bob the Unlucky Octopus

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Shinji:
    Oh FYI Occy...

Was playing it at E3. Looks very well advanced and should be very interesting indeed. Expect release this year.

And also, Halo is now definitely an Xbox title only. Spoke to the Bungie dudes, who basically said that they haven't touched the PC build in 6 months... which is a LONG time in Halo development terms... So no keyboard/mouse play for you, at least not for a long, long time after Xbox launch.

</font>

Cheers Rob m8- was wondering about Renegade- not for the graphics/quality of gameplay- but the sheer and unashamed nostalgia that Westwood are exploiting here- got me hook, line and sinker- if it's a quality game too- then so much the better.

As far as HALO goes- I heard the same thing- (/me silently curses while burning an effigy of Bungie and sticking small pins and needles into a doll of Bill Gates). However- a long wait it may be- but I'm willing to wait that long.

Medal of Honor looks another game I forgot to mention- as well as Jedi Knight II and Rogue SquadronII- I'm a sucker for 99% of Lucasarts' games- Grim Fandango had me hooked, as did X-Wing: Alliance

Looks like an interesting line-up of games too- so does that Star Wars MMORPG my uncle's been bl33ting at me about- it's going to keep me on my PC and away from my patients far too long biggrin.gif

Bob the Unlucky Octopus
    =Carpe Diem=

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭El Marco

Well the game I'm looking forward to is

Operation Flashpoint

Anyone know where I can get a demo? (without d/l'in it)

(Insert quote here)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

Neverwinternights, only game I'm waitting on. It better not suck smile.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 463 ✭✭Mikill

Ne1 see the DUKE NUKEM FOREVER video ??
    Looks fu*kin' amazing.
    Did ye see him on the motor-bike driving up the stairs ??
    SOunds like nothin' but great entertainment.
    smile.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Belisarius

Im with bob here , I cant wait for C&C renegade , chiefly for the chance to get back to the C&C universe proper after the pile of ****e they called Tiberian sun ,The Idea of playing the Commando and c4ing a Hand of nod is good , but what about the Orca bombing a Communications centre ala the canyon FMV? , ****e game proabably but Ill be a trip back to the mid 90s i wont miss out on , beyond that Max Payne Duke nukem Forever and Hidden and Dangerous 2 smile.gif

Shrewgar!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭ThunderingMike

Twisted Metal Black
    Commandos II
    Soul Reaver II
    GTA 3D
    Duke Nukem Forever
    GBA Final Fight

These are all sequels really. Kind of sad.

ThunderingMike Thus conscience does make cowards of us all, And thus the native hue of resolution is sicklied o'er with the pale cast of thought, And enterprises of great pitch and moment, With this regard their current turns away, And lose the name of action... Nows that's a sig.

• Registered Users Posts: 897 ✭✭✭Greenbean

Max Payne, No-one Lives Forever 2, Starwars mmorpg (the designers high concept sounds perfect, absolutely perfect - whether they can actually do it..).

Actually something just out, Gangsters 2, anyone give that a shot yet? it any good - feel like a real "Don" when playing it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭Kix

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by El Marco:
    Well the game I'm looking forward to is

Operation Flashpoint

Anyone know where I can get a demo? (without d/l'in it)

</font>

It was on the PC Format DVD last issue but one. One of your mates are bound to have it lying round.

If you have any mates wink.gif

Just kiddin'!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭Kix

Oh, and to answer the original question (several hours later), my top pick at the moment would have to be Medal of Honour. It just pips RTCW in my mind 'cos I don't really dig the idea of blasting Nazi zombies (WTF!).

I was holding a major boner for Halo for the longest time but I'm a bit worried about it these days. I'm afraid that it's been Xboxed to the max, they haven't done a PC build in months. Smelly and wrong.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,944 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Oh forgot Leisure Suit Larry 9.

• Advertisement
  • Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

Moo3

ooooooooh.....

Advertisement