Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UK kids suffer academically because of slow DSL roll-out

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

If UK kids are being adversely affected by the slow roll out of DSL I hate to think what it’s doing to Irish Kids!

i can see the headline now, eircon drives preteens to drink due to lack of broadband,

I knew there was a reason for it biggrin.gif

Whats this lark about the UK ??

This is happenning in a city near you!!

I honestly dont know whats going to happen come the new academic year. It will be the first semester in a long while, I wont have flat rate @ home.

I'm doing law in UCD and one can imagine the great need there is to have access to cases and statutes. The Internet has been my saviour. Not only has it reduced the need for me to purchase some of the casebooks- ie My corporate finance book was £98 last year!!, it also greatly speeds up research and the need to trawl through the god awful card catologue in the UCD library.

If anyone was to write a compartive analysis for the situation in Ireland, other students around the world would be laughing. The UK is calling for broadband, if we got flat rate dial-up we'd be mildly better off!

All I can do is ask for everybodies thoughts & prayers for when I get back to college.

AAAAAAHHHHHH DSL when will you come into my life!! frown.gif

80p.
    SAVE CHIP !!

the register...cr@p..tabloid website..euch!!!

Ashley Lyn

Ashley Lyn Cafagna

AaaahhhhA Gladiator you maybe onto something there its realy guiness behind it all there trying to driver us all to drink.

Stone biggrin.gif

• Advertisement

heh, I checked out the website
    It's halarious, in the worst possible way...

Imagine if Americans didn't have their dual oc265, they'd go mental.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by chernobyl:
    the register...cr@p..tabloid website..euch!!!</font>

At least it's not just a bunch of reprinted press releases and inane kowtowing to sponsors like most tech news sites. Sure, it's opinionated, but at least it has character. Lemme ask you a question - would you prefer The Reg or ENN?

adam

the content is good but i dont like the tabloid attitude, so i just cant read it without feeling sick.
    smile.gif
    but as i said, the content is top notch and the fact that its opinionated is not bad, its just how the opinions are presented.

Ashley Lyn

Ashley Lyn Cafagna

Advertisement