Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Evil Dead : Hail to The King

Options
  • 08-06-2001 1:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭

?

This has been out a while? least in the local game store.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 498 ✭✭Zapper

The release date for over here is June 22nd apparently....u heard anything bout it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭DrunkLeprachaun

It's out on ps1, not pc.

If there's one thing I hate, it's people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 498 ✭✭Zapper

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm this is out at the end of the month and i still aint heard much about it(not a good sign)...any1 got any info on it? Looks pretty fun too..this is about all the info i can grab on it..
    <font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2"> The Evil Dead films might as well have been based on a videogame. The heroic Ash can attach a chainsaw to one arm, carry a shotgun in the other hand, and spout off more one-liners than a post-Commando Schwarzenegger. This is not the kind of thing Hollywood normally makes unless a hot license is already attached. The glib humor boiling just beneath the surface of the trilogy (Evil Dead, Evil Dead 2, and Army of Darkness) has achieved a legendary status among cult classics. Now, courtesy of THQ and Heavy Iron Studios, Ash and the legions of the undead have been unleashed upon the game world.
    The game begins eight years after Army of Darkness, when Ash returns to the scene of Evil Dead 2 -- the cabin in the woods. Plagued by nightmares he can't explain, he realizes that the Evil has once again infiltrated the world -- and only he can stop it.

"The game will include several of the cool elements seen in the films," says Producer Scott Krager, "but will also add to its existing mythos by providing new environments, enemies, characters, and weapons as well as a storyline that continues the saga of Ash and the Necronomicon."

While there is a significant story to follow in the game (it's nearly Evil Dead 4), make no mistake about it -- your primary mission is to kick some evil butt, discover how to shut it down for good (or at least until the next game), and, of course, get the girl. Never forget the mantra: Good, bad, you're the guy with the gun.

Great care has been taken to preserve the feel of writer/director Sam Raimi's films. Both Renaissance (Raimi's production company) and Bruce Campbell himself are involved in the project at some level to make sure that it stays true to the feel of the movies.

"In fact," states Krager, "it was the filmmakers [Raimi and Rob Tapert] who wanted to return to the roots of Evil Dead and include the cabin and woods as primary locations." Even the opening movies have been rendered in a very Raimi-esque style and the pre-rendered camera shots used in the game will feature many of the views that the director has become famous for.

Because Ash can attach a chainsaw to his arm and swing it about as a weapon, the designers at Heavy Iron felt it would be necessary to give you control of the other arm, which means you can actually wield two weapons at once. You can imagine the grisly scene: Ash with his chainsaw hacking a path through a horde of deadites, shotgun simultaneously blasting.

"When players enter a room and face a deadite, they won't be asking, 'Do I have enough ammo to kill this guy or should I just run?'" proclaims Krager. "Instead they will be faced with the question, 'Should I take this guy down with my chainsaw, two blasts from my shotgun, or maybe a combo using both?'"

Accentuating the action is a combo system that allows players to pull off more complicated maneuvers in the heat of battle. To reward players for better moves, Ash will utter better one-liners for more complicated kills. There's nothing cooler than immobilizing an enemy by shoving your chainsaw through him, shoving your shotgun in his mouth, pausing for a second for dramatic effect, and then uttering "Groovy" before blowing off his head.
    </font>

• Registered Users Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Fidelis

It's out on the PC, but it's the equivalent of a tin of tainted beans.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭bugs

Played a warez copy a week or 2 ago , it was dead boring, hot spots on the badly rendered backgrounds are where the monsters(annoyingly) pop up, and once you know where they are you need never fight them, plus the fact that every one of em' takes pretty much all of your ammo and fuel for your chainsaw to kill and all in all it stains what was a good idea...

Think resident evil minus the excitment or goodness

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Ah Bugs, I think you misspelled "borrowed copy" as warez wink.gif

Lunacy Abounds! GLminesweeper RO><ORS!
    art is everything and of course nothing and possibly also a sausage

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭bugs

ahhhh yeah :P
    That'd be right , a "borrowed copy".... indeed smile.gif

Advertisement