Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help Needed (Chipping a Saturn)

Options
  • 08-06-2001 1:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 221 ✭✭

Hello all, do any of you know where, in Ireland, I might get a Sega Saturn chipped to play Japanese/American games ???.

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

buy a second hand jap/us saturn of ebay r something. their quite cheap now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 221 ✭✭black_wizardd

I already have a Saturn so I ain't gonna buy another one smile.gif, besides it's easier for me to just get the thing chipped rather than going to the hassel of bidding on e-bay etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

Christ knows, to be honest. Chipping Saturns to play imports is relatively trivial (just involves soldering in a region switcher) although chipping them to play gold discs is another matter altogether, and not for the faint hearted. You can probably get a kit to chip your machine from any number of import places, but as to where will actully do it for you... well, I doubt there's anywhere in Ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Asuka

Actual Saturn chips are BLOODY IMPOSSIBLE to find - i know a couple of people who have been looking for them for years. Getting it switched (to play imports) is far easier - i have a friend with a switched saturn, who might be willing to sell it relatively cheap. Otherwise, i could point you towards where he got it switched, but this might be inappropriate for 2 reasons:
    A)This was several years ago
    B)Its in London

A

Hmmmm, I think I used the wrong wording to describe what I want done, I want the switch (a switch is not a chip James, doh!! smile.gif) that will allow me to play Japanese imports, so Asuka if you could ask your mate how much he'd be willing to part with his Saturn for and point me to that place in London i'd be much appreciated.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Asuka

nps - commission wont be too high either wink.gif

A

• Registered Users Posts: 10,581 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Here, I stumbled upon these accidently

http://www.lik-sang.com/catalog/product_info.php?category=0&products_id=283&#Whats_in_the_Box - mod chip

http://www.playthegames.com/satmodstep1.html - chipping instructions

The face of a child can say it all, especially the mouth part of the face.

Cheers all

Advertisement