Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help with Press Coverage for Seminar

Options
  • 27-08-2001 12:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Well, I've sent out over 200 emails, etc, and have gotten two replies. So, I'm hoping that any of you out there can give us a hand. Here is the press release that has been sent---if you know someone in the media, pass it on. Bend their ear...anything! I'm going to be on the phone this afternoon like mad with tv3 and RTE to get some cameras in the seminar, and with the radio side too. Here's everyone's chance to make this into a kick ass seminar with some serious coverage...

E

--
    For more information, contact
    Elana Kehoe (087) 699 7371
    elana@zen.org

For Immediate Release
    Dublin, Ireland--August 21, 2001

IrelandOffline announced that their seminar, The Net Imperative: Improving Internet Access in Ireland, will be held on 29 August 2001 from 4-7pm at the Conrad Hotel in Dublin. Invited guests include: Mary O'Rourke, Minister for Public Enterprise; Etain Doyle, Director of Telecommunications Regulation (ODTR); Derek Kickham, CEO of EsatFusion; and a representative from Eircom (to be announced). The goal of the seminar is to bring users, government, Internet service providers (ISPs), and any other concerned party together to begin a dialogue on what needs to be done to bring Internet access in Ireland up to acceptable, affordable standards.

"Internet access in Ireland has stalled, and we have a chance to do something about it," said Martin Harran, chairman of IrelandOffline. "By getting this group of interested parties together, everyone is able to share their ideas and concerns with the others attending. Our goal is fast Internet access that anyone in Ireland can afford. This seminar is an important and needed step to achieving that goal."

Admission to the seminar is £20 to the general public, and a rate of £10 for members of IrelandOffline. More information about the event can be found at the IrelandOffline web site at http://www.irelandoffline.com/.

--
    IrelandOffline was formed in May 2001 by users in response to the removal of 2000 people in Esat's SurfNoLimits Internet access program. Since then, IrelandOffline has focused on the lack of affordable Internet access in Ireland and how users can help to solve that problem. The group, made up of over 700 members, was originally created in cyberspace and thus far have only held two physical meetings. For more information, please see the IrelandOffline web page at http://www.irelandoffline.com/, or contact Elana Kehoe at (087) 699 7371 or elana@zen.org.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Computimes in today's I.T. has a mention of it, naturally. I'll mail the release to a few lads down the country, Elana.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

I've made sure that FM104, 98FM, Today FM, Lite FM, ElectricNews.net, and The Reg (to name but a few) have gotten the message.

I'll also have the banner made for it today (and mailed to DeVore for yoinking up onto boards.ie) - in GIF format - and a poster too (which you can download, print and stick up in your workplace) - in PDF format.

(Niall)

Bard
    'First motorbike in the bible ???? ---- a Triumph --- 'Yea verily Moses struck down the ammmanites and all the land heard the roar of his triumph !!!'

Sent copies of the press release to two local papers in Limerick.

mike

You lads are the best...

E

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Aww gee, thanks Elana smile.gif

I've made 2 banners so far, btw...

here they are:

Ad_Seminar_1.gif

Ad_Seminar_2.gif

--

These should do but I might make one more. ... will also make a poster for it, which I'll make available here on the forum.

BTW- I'll definitely be at the forum myself, as a committee member, but I may have to leave early- not sure yet.

Cheers,

Bard
    'First motorbike in the bible ???? ---- a Triumph --- 'Yea verily Moses struck down the ammmanites and all the land heard the roar of his triumph !!!'

• Advertisement

TO: Elana

Just wrote a personal e-mail to the Today, Pat Kenny research team.
    I reminded him of his interview w/ ACT etc. and included the Press Release.

Researchers love "Follow Ups" so hopefully we'll get a mention either Tues. or Weds....
    So Listen In ALRITE tongue.gif

80p.
    SAVE CHIP !!

Advertisement