Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Seminar Attendance!

Options
  • 28-08-2001 7:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

I'm not trying to start the 3rd world war here but I do hope that the attendance reflects the disappointment and the hopes of all Irish Net users.
    While we all voice our opinions on the forums and these are very helpful and extremely well stated. The attendance at the Seminar is extremely important. The committee themselves have been put under servere pressure to get something done and it is now up to "US" to show the Telcos/ODTR and the media that our internet services is a shambles. The way to do this is to turn up to-morrow in "Numbers."
    I know that people have jobs and family commitments and financial constraints but realistically it is only a few hours out of our lives to try to achieve a decent and reliable Internet Package. Surely it is not too much to ask!!!
    So back up our committee and we'll see you in the Conrad.
    By the way I'm not a committee member just an ordinary joe soap.

Mick.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">I know that people have jobs and family commitments and financial constraints but realistically it is only a few hours out of our lives to try to achieve a decent and reliable Internet Package. Surely it is not too much to ask!!!
    </font>

I have to say I'm a bit disappointed in the number of key contributors that have said they can't make it, despite the long period of notice. Whether we like it or not, it says a lot to observers about how important this issue really is to people.

It will take something like the aforementioned war to keep me away.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

I agree with Mr. Soap above tongue.gif

As the banner ad says...

Ad_Seminar_2.gif

Thanks obewan!

Bard
    'First motorbike in the bible ???? ---- a Triumph --- 'Yea verily Moses struck down the ammmanites and all the land heard the roar of his triumph !!!'

AFAIK Fergus there's only one major contributor who has stated his non-availabilty- And that is work related which is perfectly understandable.
    I don't exactly think there is a long list.
    Correct me if I'm wrong.

80p.
    SAVE CHIP !!

we really would be feiced if i wasnt going smile.gif

well, i'm roping in a colleague if at all possible. Hope others can do likewise.

• Advertisement

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Gladiator:
    we really would be feiced if i wasnt going smile.gif</font>

feiced?

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Fergus:
    I have to say I'm a bit disappointed in the number of key contributors that have said they can't make it, despite the long period of notice. Whether we like it or not, it says a lot to observers about how important this issue really is to people.

It will take something like the aforementioned war to keep me away.
    </font>

I'm not talking just about key contributers. Decent affordable access and everthing else that has been mentioned on this board and elsewhere, is what WE ALL want. I mean sponsorship can help a lot but their is nothing to beat "human presence."
    So again everyone please make every effort to attend.
    Mick.

Come one come all!

We'll even give you a little badge to wear smile.gif

(Yes, Elana- I've been up until now putting them together- we didn't get enough of the plastic ones, by the way!)

Note: If you're coming, try to be there on time... in other words - be there in time for registration, which is at 3.45PM.

Cheers,

Bard
    'First motorbike in the bible ???? ---- a Triumph --- 'Yea verily Moses struck down the ammmanites and all the land heard the roar of his triumph !!!'

The following are expected to be represented at the seminar "today":

eircom.gif
    esat-fusion.gif
    odtr.gif
    chorus.gif
    ntl.gif
    utvinternet.gif

... plus: [*] 3 seperate Government departments - including Mary O'Rourke TD, Minister for Public Enterprise

... and finally- last but not least:

THE ORDINARY INTERNET USERS OF IRELAND!!!

- as represented by: MainLogo2.gif

- should be an interesting event...

(ok- you guessed it, I've insomnia and have nowt better tae do with my time...)

--
    Bard
    --

[This message has been edited by Bard (edited 29-08-2001).]

Well done. Should be a good meeting.

• Advertisement

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Gladiator:
    we really would be feiced if i wasnt going smile.gif</font>

lol biggrin.gif

Advertisement