Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

next generation console

Options
  • 13-06-2001 11:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭

playstation 2, x box and game cube. in the near future (when i get money and when the computers are released) i will buy one of the above.. BUT WHICH ONE? i really don't know, they are all good (i presume). playstation 2 will have internet access (soon) but i'm not sure about the other two.....? HELP!

PHat Ass Burger

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

incase you havn't noticed, the PS2 had been out since November last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

and if you really want to try it out you can have a go of mine. or use one of the demo ones found in many shops and places.

i hope i have been helpfull.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">"Eleven plus two = Twelve plus one"</font>

• Registered Users Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

GCN will be mine. Oh yes, it will be mine.

Also X-box and possibly PS2 eventually.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭Berger

i haven't been living under a rock for the past few months... i know the playstation 2 is availible, the other two won't be availible untill mid 2002!

PHat Ass Burger

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭chernobyl

Well if E3 was anything to go by, Xbox and PS2 are typically corporate (ie)standard bunch of games and straight faced presenters but Nintendo looks original and creative but nothing much to show either.
    Xbox for me.

Britany Spears Looking incredible

[This message has been edited by chernobyl (edited 14-06-2001).]

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,581 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

The x-box is supposedly coming out March 2001, presumably the GC will be out around that time.

I reckon I'll eventually end up owning them all actually. They have a 5 year life span and they're all going to have steller exclusive games. I ended up with the saturn, psone, n64 and DC last time smile.gif

The PS2 has been very quiet after its launch, no doubt that with the release of games like Gran Turismo 3 andMGS2 and a price cut it will be very tantilising.

The X-Box has underwhelmed me completely really. So far, there's very few games I'd be interested in.

My first purchase will definitely be the Gamecube though. Nintendo have an absoulte cracking software line-up so far - and not even a sniff of Mario and Link. I'm excited that its being marketted as a games console and not an entertainment device and that its not throwing buzzwords at us, but rather great games. And then there's the GBA link-up. yummy.

The face of a child can say it all, especially the mouth part of the face.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭Ping Chow Chi

I'll end up with one, but none of them has captured my imagination yet to be honest.

Guess I'll wait and see which system Suikoden is released on biggrin.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭Kairo

PS2 has been a big disappointment so far, but they'll probably end up on top, unless Microsoft continues to buy out ever games developer in sight.
    X-box's technology is in shape and I expect they'll take full advantage of online capabilitys, unlike PS2.
    But the Gamecube looks like the pick of the litter. Where the other consoles have there sleek designs and many games promised, Gamecube is aiming with one thing in mind... playability, and hopefully, now that they've moved from the cartridge format, there'll be alot more games developers siding with Nintendo.

Anyway, I'm only gonna get the GC. The other consoles can **** off home tongue.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭DrunkLeprachaun

Gamecube for me. The main problem I see with it is that it might not sell as well as the ps2 or X-Box, and that might discourage companies from making games for it, though it may be a superior piece of kit.

If there's one thing I hate, it's people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭chernobyl

id say if you have a gaming pc, then xbox is useless.
    PS2 is void of any originality, only rehashs of old games.
    Gamecube is once again, a gaming system for kids.i have yet to see nintendo create realistic games, why always those goofy kids games.
    Gamecube is the only true console though, the others are cheap "Entertainment Systems".

Britany Spears Looking incredible

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

The GC will be the best but unfortuanatly , unless nintendo do some clever advertising and get "grow up" games on the system it will end up like the DC , which was a damn fine games machine and still i believe superior to sony's pathetic second attempt at a console , but due to sony's sly marketing , i actually find myself thinking about getting a PS2 , even though the only games to look forward to are GT3 , MGS2 and maybe Red Faction , Somebody shoot me! :-)
    SUMMARY:
    The DC rules!
    PS2 , sux but will win because of mass market slobs who forget what a "real" game is like.
    GC will rule if nintendo make a few changes
    Dont forget the GBA , could be a nice little machine to have.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,581 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Actually, for Gamecube to try and capture the adult market would be a bad decision in my opinion. We've got two huge companies aggressively competing for it in the shape of Sony and Microsoft, Nintendo has very little experience with this demograph and it would be somewhat niave to think they would come out on top. They're doing what they know best, and doing it well.

That's not to say the GC is only for little kids though. There's Perfect Dark Zero, Eternal Darkness and various other more adult themed games for it - and they may very well put the best Sony & MS can offer to shame.

The face of a child can say it all, especially the mouth part of the face.

Advertisement