Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom Speaker for Seminar

Options
  • 27-08-2001 6:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

The Eircom speaker/panelist will be Soula Evans, Director, Consumer and Business Markets, Eircom Ireland.

Pat Galvin, Director of Regulatory Affairs will be attending in the audience.

Martin Harran

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Great, now that we know who the Eircom representtive will be is there any chance of finding out where they live so I can boobytrap their car? lol

i hope im put sittign beside him in the audience, i can give him a good boloxing

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Gladiator:

i can give him a good boloxing

</font>

It's a "her" and you'll do nothing of the sort.

260801IOS_Mouse.jpg

>>> That's her on the right >>> (not the mouse)

What a wonderful photo opportunity, eh? smile.gif

Bard
    'First motorbike in the bible ???? ---- a Triumph --- 'Yea verily Moses struck down the ammmanites and all the land heard the roar of his triumph !!!'

[This message has been edited by Bard (edited 27-08-2001).]

Now, now guys, best behaviour please smile.gif

Seriously, though, in a very short time, we have achieved an incredibly good profile as a responsible organisation going about its business in a very professional manner.

The best way to maintain this is by asking questions that require clear answers, rather than emotive ones.

Martin

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by o_donnel_abu:
    The Eircom speaker/panelist will be Soula Evans, Director, Consumer and Business Markets, Eircom Ireland.

Pat Galvin, Director of Regulatory Affairs will be attending in the audience.
    </font>

Evans: "You go on the panel!"

Galvin: "No, you go on the panel!"

adam

[This message has been edited by dahamsta (edited 27-08-2001).]

• Advertisement

Are they bringing the mouse?

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Pimp:
    Are they bringing the mouse?</font>

I wouldn't if I were them!

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by dahamsta:
    Evans: "You go on the panel!"

Galvin: "No, you go on the panel!"

</font>

smile.gif
    Martin

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Bard:
    I wouldn't if I were them!</font>

There'd be a frickin' riot man!

Wish I could go. *sob*

adam

Wish I could go. *sob*
    </font>

You can't go Adam?

• Advertisement

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Pimp:
    Are they bringing the mouse?</font>

Do you remember an episode of the Simpsons when Bart & Lisa went to DUFF Gardens and starting kicking the living daylights out of the various life sized beer bottles ??

I could see something similar happening if they showed up w/ the mouse smile.gif

BTW ADAM
    I heard thro' the grapevine it was actually a game of PAPER, ROCK, SCISSORS between Pat Galvin and Soula for the privelege to sit on the Panel smile.gifsmile.gif

80p.
    SAVE CHIP !!

looking at that photo i dont want here within 10 yards on me,
    anywho, i sent up the order and got a confirmation email, but no code?
    how are the codes coming,
    ill definitly be there, especialy if esat are going to flood the place with staffer,
    if trouble breaks out ill by the one the the bandana jumping on top on unsupecting esat workers

Ps for those of us analy challenged rolleyes.gif im jokeing

I know the mouse is a bit ridiculous, and its getting a hammering but the idea behind it deserves some credit I feel.

Personally I think that its the governments job to do something to raise Internet usage and awareness levels with such campaigns, especially with all their e-government projects in the pipeline. It will of course take a lot more than a mouse crossed with a kangaroo!!!

looking at that photo i dont want here within 10 yards on me,
    </font>

that's ok- looking at your posts, she probably wouldn't want to be within 100 yards of you tongue.gif

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Dangger:
    I know the mouse is a bit ridiculous, and its getting a hammering but the idea behind it deserves some credit I feel. </font>

I agree w/ you there David, but the fact they're using a mouse as an attempt to literally wave a magic wand and solve the problem is a bit much to take. I mean how long did that take to think up in the marketing dept.?? Its not like its a fresh idea- Walt Disney unleashed Mickey Mouse onto the world in c. 1928!!

If ircom really wanted to re-invent the perception of the internet in Ireland they really would have gone out on a limb & got a major celebrity. I remember ft.com praising britains Inland Revenue for the masterstoke of Getting Mrs. Doyle from Father Ted on board to nag the public into paying their taxes.

I think the attitude ppl on this board have shown is only representative of modern soceity & our sceptcism towards attempts to get us to part w/ our cash thro' the use of gimmicks such as goofy mice.
    Even RTE know how to run ad campaigns these days.

All i can say to €ircom is...
    Get the finger out wink.gif

80p.
    SAVE CHIP !!

[This message has been edited by 80project.com (edited 27-08-2001).]

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by 80project.com:

Even RTE know how to run ad campaigns these days.
    </font>

And when ya think about it, that's got to be embarassing for eircom :-).

E

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">If €ircom really wanted to re-invent the perception of the internet in Ireland they really would have gone out on a limb & got a major celebrity</font>

Or better still, given us flat rate and broadband access smile.gif

Monkeys could fly you know, given wings.

260801IOS_Mouse.jpg

omg look were that guys hand is, hes touching up the mouse.

a good question on the day would be, have you ever had sexual relations with a mouse

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by hudson806:
    You can't go Adam?</font>

I'm afraid not hudson, I'll have to remain faceless for a while more. I just can't get away this week, so the best I can do is send a few quid to the lads and lasses and hope that'll help recover losses. I think I might try and organise a Munster Meeting[tm] though, if anyone's is interested. Anyone in Munster be interested in meeting up for an informal chat? (Might as well take this even further off-topic, it's going nowhere... smile.gif)

adam

I guess that means you wont be kicking the crap out of me, damn and I reserved a room matter. awh well

• Advertisement

Sorry to hear you can't make it - I doubt I'll be at the Munster meeting somehow...
    I guess that means you wont be kicking the crap out of me, damn and I reserved a room matter. awh well </font>

Don't worry, I'll kick the crap out of you instead.

[This message has been edited by hudson806 (edited 28-08-2001).]

it just wouldnt feel the same

[This message has been edited by Gladiator (edited 28-08-2001).]

Errah, I'll get up there eventually, it's just not good for me at the moment, we're trying to shove about three projects out the door (I always have an excuse, eh Martin?). I hope you all will represent me well at the seminar.

Isn't it ironic that I can't go to the seminar because my workload is overstressed, which is a direct result of the telecommunications problems you'll be discussing at the seminar? I have to stop now, my head hurts. Do me proud folks.

[I would only have kicked the crap out of you if you annoyed me Gladiator. Well, I suppose that's a given, so I'll catch ya next time, huh?]

adam

[This message has been edited by dahamsta (edited 28-08-2001).]

[I would only have kicked the crap out of you if you annoyed me Gladiator. Well, I suppose that's a given, so I'll catch ya next time, huh?]

adam
    </font>

i actually would have liked to met you in person, i dear say you might have rethought afew things about me, awh well

munster meeting? pick a pub and I'll bring the women! ohh wait, an ireland offline meeting.. right then..

u pick the pub and I'll come up and get plastered smile.gif

Advertisement