Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What did nial from the telecom director mean

Options
  • 30-08-2001 4:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

I think is was nail anyway, he said he hoped we show the same level of decorum on your forum in future as we did at the seminar,
    he also made a comment that our forum was public and he new were it was, me thinks me might be spying, it kind of nice to know were spy material, allso to cut down on the number of topics going arounds,
    who actually attended the seminar and were were you sitting.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭yellum

Spying ? Come on. PUBLIC FORUM means everyone is free to read and contribute. You seem to be implying that outsiders that read this forum are spying or something. This is not our own private little forum its for all to contribute. They are not the enemy.

Also Niall was not the Telecom Director. He was a representative from a Government Dept. There was a Telecoms Regulator there, called Etain.

I'd more than welcome all the speakers from yesterday contributing to this forum and fair play to Niall for taking the time to learn more about IrelandOffline.

I think you should retract the whole statement you made above. It will play into the hands of those that try and paint IrelandOffline as a bunch of teenage fools and make a very professional orgnaisation that it is look amateur.

Also the decorum he asked us to show was probably due to the fact that some people were talking about booby trapping cars and all that other bravado crud.

Actually this topic should either be locked or deleted as it doesn't help.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Gladiator:
    I think is was nail anyway, he said he hoped we show the same level of decorum on your forum in future as we did at the seminar,
    he also made a comment that our forum was public and he new were it was, me thinks me might be spying,
    </font>

Niall O'Donnuchue from the Department of Public Enterprise, actually. I know for a fact that employees of the ODTR, Eircom and Esat read these boards, and I think it's great. That way they have a clue what we're mad/ranting about :-).

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">
    it kind of nice to know were spy material, allso to cut down on the number of topics going arounds,
    who actually attended the seminar and were were you sitting.
    </font>

Well, I like the thought that they need to spy a little personally. The day they don't have to spy is the day that we get what we want, and I'm hoping that's not too far off! :-)

Now, I was the preggers one at the back with the laptop tapping along with what everyone said. I know a lot of you now, thanks for coming up and introducing yourselves. I love having a face to go with the names. Even you, Glad. :-)

E

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭Kix

God, I probably deserve a smack for asking this but the curiosity's been burning in me all day: "What's Gladiator like in the flesh?". Go on Elana. smile.gif

K

well Elana actually spotted me all on her own, i had to shake hands with martin to see if he spotted me and he didnt untill i told him and john.

btw i found Niall the most aggressive of them all, we should definitly infite him along to the next seminar and he his reactions, because its hard to hide the truth when your mad

yellum relax

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Kix:
    God, I probably deserve a smack for asking this but the curiosity's been burning in me all day: "What's Gladiator like in the flesh?". Go on Elana. smile.gif

K
    </font>

He's a big fellah who's not afraid to state his case and argue with the so-called "top-brass" smile.gif
    <font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Gladiator:

btw i found Niall the most aggressive of them all
    </font>

I'm a Niall too- but I reckon it's obvious enough that Glad isn't talking about me wink.gif

I didn't find Niall to be 'agressive' as such. It was understandably necessary for him to refuse to answer some questions fully, particularly when they were company matters that the Department couldn't take an official line on. I thought he was perfectly sensible in what he had to say, to be perfectly honest...

Bard
    'First motorbike in the bible ???? ---- a Triumph --- 'Yea verily Moses struck down the ammmanites and all the land heard the roar of his triumph !!!'

Advertisement