Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strategy games

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭Snaga

Total Annihilation owned my pants for a year or so, I still remember with fondness my 5 and a half hour game with my brother, where we just COULDNT beat each other.

Every corner of the map was protected from nukes, anything that ventured near the centre of the map was wiped out, we eventually agreed on a draw cos one of us had to leave....but wow, what a game smile.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Celt

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by damnyanks:
    No seriously make it Warcraft 2, that game invented shroud bet ya didnt know that!</font>

Heh, i got that on the ps ages ago when it first came out, didnt have a pc, played that game non-stop for years smile.gif
    pe0ns own serfs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭StarScream

ok i thought id finally show myself as i have been mentioned quite a few times .. those top players jag was being "coached" by was probably me and X i know hes in america so y dont u ask spiral..hell confirm that we are unbeatable

joey joe joe junior shabadu...thats the worst name i ever heard

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,307 ✭✭✭richindub2

Uh, anyone want to clear up exactly what armada is? smile.gif

*cough*
    daves l33t site 0wns j00.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭Xithus

No not really. biggrin.gif

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭StarScream

oh guees what were considered to be in the best clan in armada.( *WP* )
    and we just beat the 2 leaders in a 2v2(about 20 minutes ago) its safe to say that we are in the top 5 in the world so u dnc counterstrike heads wont be a problem

u may call us a bit confident but when u open the armada door its not our fault our heads wont fit in smile.gif

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by StarScream:
    u may call us a bit confident but when u open the armada door its not our fault our heads wont fit in smile.gif</font>

*Waves hands in the air*
    Testify !

• Registered Users Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭Monty - the one and only

Rich...think star trek, then think red alert, add in 2 more sides... thats armada

It is not a fairytail. It is truth

www.scifi-meshes.com

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

i may hav only played the demo of armada but i am confident that with my years of experience in AoE 1/2, C&C all of em, that i could kick ur asses! tongue.gif *rushes out to find copy of armada* LOL

"just because you're not paraniod, doesn't mean they're not after you!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭DrunkLeprachaun

Starcraft rules. I only got it a few days ago, but it sure does rock.

If there's one thing I hate, it's people.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭Monty - the one and only

Starcraft is the one game I hate, but, if I start to play it, I cant stop...It is a very good game, i just never liked it...

It is not a fairytail. It is truth

www.scifi-meshes.com

• Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

hmmm, multiplayer? Strategic? Tactical?

Shogun Total war?

each player takes a colour, top player goes into final, second best (and maybe third depending on numbers) play off against each other to fill up any empty slots.

So when is this rts lan gonna happen ?
    After the leaving cert is over id hope.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭Bob the Unlucky Octopus

StarCraft and C&C 1 are still my favorite(2D) RTS's. They are both superbly balanced- subsequent incarnations of C&C have favored either one side or the other. RA is hugely stacked towards the Allies- assuming equal skill, the Soviets will almost always lose. Gap Generators, the Chrono-Cruiser combo and the solid defense of the Allies is usually no match for the Soviets(at least in ranked leagues). For a friendly game though- it's still a helluva lot of fun. As is AOEII.

StarCraft is still the most widely played RTS out there- 3 superbly balanced races makes it a fascinating multiplayer game.

If you're just playing for fun, pretty much any mainstream RTS works well- Shogun is amazing on multiplayer- laggy, but if it's for fun, unbelievable in its scope smile.gif

Bob the Unlucky Octopus
    =E Pluribus Unum=

• Closed Accounts Posts: 353 ✭✭Yossarian

Regarding AOEII, a class game but with one very annoying feature. When playing against the AI, it has a tendancy to surrender very early in the game. This is bloody annoying when you have spent ages building up your forces, then on the brink of unleashing them the enemy surrenders!
    A nice touch with RA2 is the ability to fortify urban areas with ordinary foot sloggers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Celt

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by LoLth:
    hmmm, multiplayer? Strategic? Tactical?

Shogun Total war?

each player takes a colour, top player goes into final, second best (and maybe third depending on numbers) play off against each other to fill up any empty slots.
    </font>
    I love shogun single player, but multiplayer is a no-no tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭FunkyChicken

Warcraft 2 + Starcraft are definites!!!

MechCommander aint bad on lan either .....

suppose AOE2 would be good as well ....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Da_cOmRaDe_MiKe

Originally posted by Yossarian:
    Regarding AOEII, a class game but with one very annoying feature. When playing against the AI, it has a tendancy to surrender very early in the game. This is bloody annoying when you have spent ages building up your forces, then on the brink of unleashing them the enemy surrenders!

dl the patch on www.planetageofempires.com

helped me and now im one of the best players on www.zone.com and i bet no one her can beat me!!! or at civ2 or starcraft ill just own all of yes and TA well dats just out of the question!! no one can win when im playin.....

- Da_cOmRaDe_MiKe
    <font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2"> Man causes all problems. No man, no problems. - Stalin </font>

so set up some time to do this and make a list of ppl goin and it will fill out fast enough...

PUT ME ON TOP!!...

- Da_cOmRaDe_MiKe
    <font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2"> Man causes all problems. No man, no problems. - Stalin </font>

• Registered Users Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Civ2, id say youd get a lotof compotition with the fact its the best game ever and i own.

• Advertisement

well we can see if this goes ahead...

- Da_cOmRaDe_MiKe

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

If you like turnbased Warlords III is pretty good. Even has a play by mail option.

no date set yet.. Were you serious or just checking for interest ?

where will it be on if we do do this?

- Da_cOmRaDe_MiKe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭[NON]mojo

hmmm......interesting. me and my bro would be interested in playing....... biggrin.gif Where would it be on and when smile.gif. It sounds like fun smile.gif put us down 4 whatever biggrin.gif

Austin 3:16 "You stole my mojo!!"

Advertisement