Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WE WON!!!

Options
  • 31-08-2001 1:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭

Against all odds...

although I'd expected Boards.ie to get it...

although there was SERIOUS competition...

IRELANDOFFLINE WON A ZEDDY AWARD TONIGHT!!!

Yours truly was there to accept the award, at the Rotunda Hospital. Thanks to all involved, particularly Tom Murphy, of Boards.ie and Spin Solutions.

A great night was had by all... slightly tinged by the fact that some a**hole BROKE the award on me by twisting it far too much -

am awaiting on the Zeriously people to re-weld it for me and send it out to me...

regardless...

WE WON, DAMMIT!!!

You can now consider IrelandOffline.com to be an AWARD WINNING web site!

Yay me!

Bard
    'First motorbike in the bible ???? ---- a Triumph --- 'Yea verily Moses struck down the ammmanites and all the land heard the roar of his triumph !!!'

Comments

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

You guys deserve the recognition, most people seem to think Boards is a big multimillion pound site heheh.

Seriously tho, congrats, theres a lot of people watching you guys and we're all rooting for you to bring this topic to light as much as possible.

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Thanks Tom...

you got home fast, man tongue.gif

--

good show- ... well done, zeriously.com, etc. smile.gif

Bard
    'First motorbike in the bible ???? ---- a Triumph --- 'Yea verily Moses struck down the ammmanites and all the land heard the roar of his triumph !!!'

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Congrats hey, top notch web-site Bard and the forum here is second to none...plyd dude

Farls

Thanks Farls and DeV...

more "top-notch" stuff to come- including downloadable sound bytes from yesterday's seminar... an "official" IrelandOffline.com screensaver (I'm being pushed into producing this! rolleyes.gif ) ... and then some...

If you thought we'd stop at the seminar, - you were sadly mistaken - !

Loads more to come - IrelandOffline is working on your behalf and we're certainly not ready to quit yet!

Bard

[This message has been edited by Bard (edited 31-08-2001).]

Niall,

Mucho congrats! You deserve it, throwing yourself into the site to such an extent. Thanks for all your hard work, and I'm glad that you've been recognized for it!!

E

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Gratz Bard smile.gif
    well done indeed
    clap.gif

Well done Ireland Offline
    Very Very well deserved biggrin.gif

~Z~

That's fantastic!!! Well done and congrats. I'm only new to this particular neighbourhood, but I've never come across people with the enthusiasm and committment of you guys. And fun with it as well!

Respect to boards.ie

The seminar and an award. A great week that will help me get over the Ireland v Holland game :-(

Thanks guys...

Congratulations, You put in a lot of effort to this and deserve every reward that's going.
    I hope you receive a lot more recognition and irelandoffline of course.

Mick.

[This message has been edited by obewan (edited 31-08-2001).]

damn i didnt even know it was on, i didnt realise this was a serious thing with awards and all, i just thought it was one of those stupid top 100 sites things frown.gif

• Advertisement

ok- now I'm awake... and sober... (and doubley annoyed at the twit who broke my award frown.gif ) ... but it's now I remember the photographs that were taken (!) - which, I believe, will be going on the TheZeddies.com web site when they update it with the results! (eek!)

Aaaanyway... Our award was sponsored by WideMouth - who have offered their services to IrelandOffline for free... basically, if we take them up on it (and we probably will, I'd say), then we'll have the facility to add real-time chat to our web site. This won't take away from the boards.ie-hosted forum section at all - it'll just be yet another service of the site.

A big thank you to all of you who voted for our site... and a big thanks also to the two beautiful young ladies who sat beside me and kept me company throughout the night wink.gif

Bard

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Well done Bard. Played man.

adam

award_border.gif
    *sniff*

all I've got is this pic for the moment... have to wait while Zeriously.com get my award fixed...

frown.gif

and the winners are...!
    <font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">from http://www.thezeddies.com/in.html:

P45.net (for best arts & culture site and for best e-zine)

Tom Murphy of Spin Solutions (best Irish Slogger)

Ireland.com (most popular Irish site)

Brew Crew (best small business site)

Goldenpages.com (best business site)

Webfactory (best design)

Ireland Offline (best small-budget site)

Nixers.com (best return on investment)

Ryanair.com (best shopping site)

Entertainment.ie (most addictive site)

Pigsback.com (best on-line marketing)

E-merge (best use of wireless technology)

Boards.ie (best leisure site)

</font>

Bard

Brilliant, Niall.

Apart from PR for IrelandOffline, I am delighted to see your hard work getting the recognition it deserves.

Martin

As a supporter of ireland offline, I must say, I'm very proud!!

Yes, well done Bard. Nice one. What's next the Spiders? Or is that too establishment for you? ;-)

BTW> what was broken the Z itself or was there more on it to begin with it before that chimp broke it?

Just like to add my 2penneth of congratulations. !! Well done Bard, and everyone. It just goes to show, even one vote can count and make a difference. Just proves if you don't like the Govt get out there and vote, everybody's single vote counts, in the end. We should organise a Xmas party for Bard and all the committee. Seriously. Drinks on us !!!

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by eoineen:

BTW> what was broken the Z itself or was there more on it to begin with it before that chimp broke it?

</font>

The little metal bit at the bottom of the Z was broken off of the Z... if he had just yoinked it all out of the wood, that would have been ok,- it could have been crammed back in- but the metal itself snapped because he twisted the Z around too much.

Chimp indeed.

I look forward to getting it back anyway.

Bard

you have to wonder what the hell he was trying to do,

• Advertisement

Who broke it?

Con'grats and keep up the good work. IrelandOffline is a must see site with simple yet brilliant objectives.

Listen to your critic's and doubters and if you still remain positive, confident and focused, Live Your Dreams ...

Well done! You've done brill..

Congratulations!

Well done but you did deserve it and even more for all the hard work you have put in to the site.

Simply another pat on the back (*sniffle*). We're all so proud!

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Gladiator:
    you have to wonder what the hell he was trying to do,</font>

Not really- he was drunk.
    <font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by ru1nzx:

Who broke it?

</font>

I don't know who he is. Some guy in a white shirt. No matter.

Thanks for the responses guys and girls.

Bard

congrats,really well done,it can only add to the great publicity we are already getting.
    smile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gif

today the zeddys , tommorow 56k Flat rate Internet

pld Ire.Offline/Bard

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by voyager:
    congrats,really well done,it can only add to the great publicity we are already getting.</font>

YES!!!

We actually got 2 mentions in Irish Times yesterday - report on seminar and listed in award winners on same page.

Remember that the power of publicity comes from its cumulative effect smile.gif

Martin

• Advertisement
Advertisement