Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SCRTV ...

Options
  • 02-09-2001 8:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 785 ✭✭✭

... In other broadcasting sector news, South Coast Community Television is reported to be planning a new IR£8m digital service to offer 32 channels to its 23,000 customers in Cork, Waterford and Kerry.

The Sunday Tribune says that the company has applied to telecoms regulator Etain Doyle for a licence to operate the service.

It quotes SCTV chairman John Hurley as saying that its system has the capactity to deliver up to 1,000 channels.

I know this is significant and relevant as I know that SCTV can (and are also planning to) deliver internet over this in a chorusalike fashion.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by zenith:
    I know this is significant and relevant as I know that SCTV can (and are also planning to) deliver internet over this in a chorusalike fashion.

</font>

dead right! based on the last leaflet I got at home (SCTV HQ is just down the road from me) they are planning to start the rollout of the digital network in decemeber. They've only hinted at prices up till now so I wouldnt like to speculate as to a cost for a tv & internet bundle. I have in the past approached them with several ideas for getting wireless internet off the ground (pardon the pun) but never got any replies. Either they didnt take me seriously or just couldnt be bothered investing in new equipment. I know a couple of their engineers so over the next few days I'll try to pump some info as regards speeds, prices and rollout dates.

I'll be back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭yellum

Anyone got a url or contact address / no. for this group ?

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by yellum:
    Anyone got a url or contact address / no. for this group ?

Thanks.
    </font>

http://www.southcoasttv.net/

You cannot defeat what you do not understand
    DarkSide

Advertisement