Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is there an MP3 of the event?

Options
  • 31-08-2001 3:23pm
    Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Does anyone have a sound file of the event?

I think we need proper records of these things so that later we can produce them to counter marketing-bull.

we = the public at large rather then IOFFL.

DeV.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

It was recorded onto minidisc, and it's being worked on now...we're hoping the beginning of the week to have it up on the site.

E

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Martin's son will be sending it to me from Donegal - all in mp3 format. I may have to reprocess it to make the files smaller (I have limited space available to me on the server the IOFFL site is hosted on - and due, of course, to the nature of the Internet - smaller files are better anyway!) but I'd hope to have these mp3's (and possibly RealAudio files also) available in our Downloads section some time at the beginning of next week - Tuesday probably.

Bard
    'First motorbike in the bible ???? ---- a Triumph --- 'Yea verily Moses struck down the ammmanites and all the land heard the roar of his triumph !!!'

My speech and an edited version of Soula Evans' speech as broadcast on Anna Livia are already available courtesy of 80project.

See "Seminar mp3 Downloads" thread for links.

Interesting BTW how Anna Livia handled it - did edited version of Soula first then my speech in full (reverse order of seminar).

I'm sure there's a message in there smile.gif

Martin

DeVore:
    Just to confirm, I've uploaded the stuff again @ a lower bitrate for easier d/l's. Which may explain the brief non-availability today.
    I've also e-mailed Niall the details so hopefully they'll be a good addition to the irelandoffline.com downloads section. Also as Martin & Elana have said Martins son is compiling the whole seminar (Q & A included...hehehehe smile.gif), so that'll be brill as well !

The exact contents & links are as follows...

Anna Livia Radio FM103.2, IrelandOffline Feature-30/08/01:

Part 1:
    " Into the Net ", Programme Introduction & Soula Evans (€ircom Rep.) Speech (2.5mb / 10mins 23 secs)
    Located Here: http://www.dotie.f2s.com/mp3/29-08-01-part1.mp3

&

Part 2:
    Martin Harran IrelandOffline Chairman("What Users Want") Speech (6.mb / 14min 15 secs )
    Located Here: http://www.dotie.f2s.com/mp3/29-08-01-part2.mp3

&

RTE 1 5-7 Live

Report on the seminar from Brian Lally (1mb / 4mins 19 secs)

Located here: http://www.dotie.f2s.com/mp3/29-08-01-5-7live.mp3

80p.
    SAVE CHIP !!

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Bard:
    I have limited space available to me on the server the IOFFL site is hosted on </font>

Bard - if ure looking for a bit of space, I could afford you some on my server. I'm sure a few megs wont break the bank just yet.

• Advertisement
  • Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

80P, those files are not working for me on Sunday 02/09 any idea if there is a problem?

DeV.

DeV.
    just checked out my server there & I think I made a bit of a booboo by deleting the mp3 folder so I could clear up some space.

What'll I probably do is burn the stuff & send it to Niall so he can do what he likes w/ it- ie-encode it / zip it etc. & then put it up on the downloads section.
    I'm going to mail him now smile.gif
    Sorry for the delay

80p.
    SAVE CHIP !!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by rymus:
    Bard - if ure looking for a bit of space, I could afford you some on my server. I'm sure a few megs wont break the bank just yet.</font>

I'm okay for the moment on space... won't go into the specifics of how much I've available - but should be alright.

If necessary I can always lump the large downloadable files onto another server that's available to me which has an unlimited availability of web space.

Cheers for the offer anyway smile.gif

Bard
    'First motorbike in the bible ???? ---- a Triumph --- 'Yea verily Moses struck down the ammmanites and all the land heard the roar of his triumph !!!'

Advertisement