Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IrlandOffline FAQ - questions needed!

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭Kix

I've just added glossary entries for ISDN and AODI.

K

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by hudson806:
    also dont forget the 859% of the population who believe the internet is a piece of kit on a trawler

don't forget that that something like 140% of these people think that Internet access isn't nearly expensive enough, according to Soula Evans from Eircom. wink.gif

</font>

• Registered Users Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭Gavin

Just a wee idea. I'm sure everyone recalls microsoft's idea of implement hotlinks or whatever they were called. Link that are aoutomaticly created.

Well in this instance I think that could be quite useful. Ie, on the forum people will frequently use acronyms, which are explained in the faq. It would be handy that whenver some write ISP for example, a link is automaticaly created to the ISP explanation. I think that is would be fairly easy to do, but of course, cloud or some other would have to do it....

Gav

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by dahamsta:
    Free free:

http://iewebs.com/~dahamsta/wiki/

Or not, up to you.
    </font>

very nice...

I notice that it's phpWiki ( I'm the perceptive type wink.gif ) - which is all well and good - but I've got an implementation of ASP Wiki (running off an Access dB) on the server the IOFFL site is set up on... will the database be easily transferable - or convertible?

Bard
    'First motorbike in the bible ???? ---- a Triumph --- 'Yea verily Moses struck down the ammmanites and all the land heard the roar of his triumph !!!'

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

I notice that it's phpWiki ( I'm the perceptive type wink.gif ) - which is all well and good - but I've got an implementation of ASP Wiki (running off an Access dB) on the server the IOFFL site is set up on... will the database be easily transferable - or convertible?

The Wiki is using MySQL for the backend, and I don't think Access conforms to SQL standards, so a dump won't help. But there is a MySQL import macro there for Access, and if all else fails you could just set up a parser. Let me know what you want.

adam

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

I've done some starters on the reasons why people need good internet access. Please add/expand/correct:

http://iewebs.com/~dahamsta/wiki/index.php?SectionFiveWhyWeNeedProperInternetAccessForEveryone

Advertisement