Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Please Help Hudson806

Options
  • 01-09-2001 11:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Sorry to start new thread on this but I wanted to bring this to everyone's attention.

Hudson806 has started compiling a list of FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions) which will be very important in the next stages of our campaign.

We're delighted to see members 'picking up the ball' like this - please join in in the other threads he has started.

I'm sure he will particularly welcome questions from newbies as these are the sort of users the FAQ will be aimed at smile.gif

Martin Harran
    Chairman, IrelandOffline

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭yellum

By your commmand.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

This seems as good a place to as any to post a brief update on the FAQ (a FAQ about the FAQ if you will wink.gif ). We've seen quite a bit of activity over the last few days, with contributions from at least 15 different people.

The collaborative area for the FAQ is currently hosted by Dahamsta at:

http://iewebs.com/~dahamsta/wiki/index.php

Anybody who visits is allowed (and encouraged) to edit it online. You can edit anonymously if you wish, but it would be easier to follow if everyone leaves their boards ID. It is currently broken up into sections for clarity (thanks, whoever did that wink.gif )

Section Zero: Put any questions you would like to see someone else to answer here. If you want to contribute both a question and an answer, this is probably a pretty good place to put it for everyone else to see and add to.

Section One: Long Answers

Section Two: Glossary. Short answers

Section Three: Technical answers. Looks the same as section one to me (someone else sectioned the document off wink.gif )

Section Four: What's wrong in Ireland

Section Five: Why we need proper access for everyone

Everyone, please take a five minutes to have a look at the work that has gone on so far and please take a moment to add any relevant questions, answers or clarifications.

If you can't think of anything specific that would be useful in the FAQ, but would like to contribute, may I suggest that you scan through some of the topics here over the last few weeks and try and distill out any useful information contained in them - there are quite a few questions coming up repeatedly, so I guess they could belong in the FAQ (Thanks to Fergus for that idea)

I'm getting null responses from the server on EditPage.. anyone else having that problem?

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Fergus:
    I'm getting null responses from the server on EditPage.. anyone else having that problem?</font>

Yup. I don't suppose you're lurking here Dahamsta? wink.gif

The Wiki is back in business - thanks Dahamsta!

• Advertisement
Advertisement