Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upcoming Eircom Events

Options
  • 04-09-2001 9:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭

Theres some events around Ireland in September organised by the IIA. Eircom are doing presentations at both and will no doubt paint a rosey picture of their offerings.

If anyone from IrelandOffline is about they might want to attend and ask a question or two at the Q and A session. Maybe the Committee can suggest good questions to ask ?

Here are the Details:

DUBLIN: "SME Development in Ireland"
    Venue: The Davenport Hotel, Dublin 2.
    Date: Wednesday, 12th September 2001
    Time: 6.00pm registration for 6.30pm start

Format: 3 twenty minute presentations followed by Q&A

Speakers:

Leo Kearns, MD, Octagon
    Ann Corcoran, Head of Marketing, Eircom net
    A representative from The Department of Trade, Enterprise and Employment

Register:
    IIA Members Free, non members IR10 payable
    email events@iia.ie
    with "Register for 12 September Dublin Event" in subject field

WATERFORD: "Making eBusiness Work"
    Venue: The Tower Hotel, Waterford.
    Date: Tuesday, 25h September 2001
    Time: 6.30pm registration for 7.00pm start

Format: 3 twenty minute presentations followed by Q&A

Speakers:

Eircom net - "eBusiness"
    LAN Communications - "Security and Network Management"
    A local case study to be confirmed

Register:
    IIA Members Free, non members IR5 payable@ the door. Email events@iia.ie
    with "Register for 25 September Waterford Event" in subject field

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

I remember getting an invitation to one of these in Cork a while back, and being tempted to pop along with a chap who was in the biz, but I just couldn't handle it at the last. I would have gone apeshot, even more so at the time, because I reckoned I was going to get DSL or Wireless next month and next month and next month and next month, and it seemed to be going on forever (I've given up at this stage). Still though, this is a wonderful way to get people's attention. These sessions are quite open and are ripe for someone to ask a question that puts a little interesting information into the minds o the audience. Good idea yellum.

adam

Advertisement