Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Colour War - Magic: T G

Options
  • 13-06-2001 11:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭

Okay, I wanna see if this will work..............

I hate Black and Red, they are sooooo Evil and mean and everone picks Black cause they wanna be cool(hint:Bounty Hunter!)

Now someones gotta ague back......

Booyaka

Oh the PEINQUINS!!!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭Berger

red don't have to be b*d......... no it is the colour of those valintine's day cards.......red is *sigh* love..... wait what am i sayin'....RED IS blo*d WHICH IS A GOOD THING YEAAAAAA.. IT'S ALSO THE COLOUR OF de*th .

PHat Ass Burger

[This message has been edited by Burger_Boy (edited 13-06-2001).]

[This message has been edited by Burger_Boy (edited 13-06-2001).]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭Digital Tilmitt

I don't think you understand, its about Magic:the Gathering.

Booyaka

Oh the PEINQUINS!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭Kairo

Black only works well with Blue.
    Everyone I know plays stomping Green.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭Doc

Red is good sean say annything bad about it and Ill fire ball yous ass!!!:P

But black is cack.

Oh yea green also very cack like.

[This message has been edited by Doc (edited 16-06-2001).]

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,745 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Digital Tilmitt:
    Okay, I wanna see if this will work..............

everone picks Black cause they wanna be cool

Now someones gotta ague back......

</font>

Alright then i will argue back black is in my opinion the best all round coulour and yes many people do pick black because "they wanna be cool"but if anything you'd like that because these black newbies would have as dave would describe them cack decks making black your least favourite coulour decks all round appear once again more cack like.It is only when you look at experienced players decks is when you see how good black can and is.For example why do you think gary the owner of the gathering uses black ?

"Once they've marked you!" starke said "the world is made of glass"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭[NON]mojo

i h8 mad.gif blue and ALL its really annoying counterspells mad.gif!

although with apocalypse, there r alot of cards which splash blue and r cool, especially red cards (prophetic bolt + illuminate smile.gif)

i also h8 all of whites pro black/blue/green/red/white/any friggin colour creatures.

in short i h8 all defensive spells.
    it really sucks 2 have a horde on the table and the suffer a circle of protection or a washout mad.gif

Austin 3:16 "You stole my mojo!!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 392 ✭✭Skyclad

For those who dont counters try some of the following cards:

Urza's rage: 2R Kicker 8R
    Urzas rage deals 3 damage to target creature/player. Urzas rage cannot be countered. If you play the kicker cost urzas rage deals 10 damage instead

Obliterate: 6RR
    Destroy all artifacts land and creatures. Obliterate cannot be countered.

Kavu Chameleon 3GG
    4/4 cannot be countered.

Something for every non blue player there smile.gif

Dave

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭[NON]mojo

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Skyclad:
    For those who dont counters try some of the following cards:

Urza's rage: 2R Kicker 8R
    Urzas rage deals 3 damage to target creature/player. Urzas rage cannot be countered. If you play the kicker cost urzas rage deals 10 damage instead

Obliterate: 6RR
    Destroy all artifacts land and creatures. Obliterate cannot be countered.

Kavu Chameleon 3GG
    4/4 cannot be countered.

Something for every non blue player there smile.gif

Dave

</font>

Austin 3:16 "You stole my mojo!!"

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Doc:
    Red is good sean say annything bad about it and Ill fire ball yous ass!!!:P

But black is cack.

Oh yea green also very cack like.

[This message has been edited by Doc (edited 16-06-2001).]
    </font>

Yeah Black is Cack! Green is Good but no one can face the wraith of WHITE!!!! (Blue rulez too!)

'My Hardcore Title!' - Bounty Hunter

'Shoo, get away you dirty Oglop!' - Father of Boy in Treno - Proir to Card tournament - FF9

reya_dawnbringer.jpg

That my Friends, is a card!!!

'My Hardcore Title!' - Bounty Hunter

'Shoo, get away you dirty Oglop!' - Father of Boy in Treno - Proir to Card tournament - FF9

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭Bob the Unlucky Octopus

Wow- MTG fans on boards- amazing stuff biggrin.gif

I hadn't played for about a year and a half- then a friend convinced me to come to an Apocalypse prerelease draft tournament in London- which was great fun. I placed third out of 270, which wasn't bad considering I hadn't drafted or played constructed tournaments in ages smile.gif

As far as black goes- it's my favorite color- and it's not hard to see why. I've always been a huge fan of MTG and the metagame surrounding it- hailing from Seattle as I do and living right next to WOTC and TSR. My favorite strategy in Type II was always Necropotence- there never was a better type II deck imho. Those were the days.../me goes all misty-eyed...4 strip mines, 4 serrated arrows, Ivory tower, Zuran Orbs, and drain lifes- all to feed your life/card pool for your massive hand-stocking necro's. The Disks were handy too- for all those annoying-as-hell White/Green players with specific color protection. But that's why I had Dystopia and Gloom in the sideboard I suppose...The deck type I used also works in discard- with a rack, Hyppies, and multiple hymn-to-tourachs. Throw in a couple of Black Knights/pump knights...and that's a deck type that would have caned practically every deck type save the white weenie.

I also like control decks at times- in fact my best friend in the Magic world, Jon Finkle loved to play mono-blue- especially after Bottle Gnomes came out. It requires more skill to play than the average red sligh deck...and takes more practice to perfect. My personal favorite control deck is the turbo-stasis deck- complete with Time Elementals/Chronatogs+Kismet/Winter Orb, counters(duuh) and a couple Icy's for good measure biggrin.gif Hard to get it right versus a good player- but when you do...it's sooooooooo worth it.

Oh and btw Kyro- Black/Blue is certainly very strong- but that was the combo choice for the old Type I decks- when the blue spoilers(A. Recall, Timetwister, Timewalk). In type II- Black/Red was a FANTASTIC combination choice- and the only one you could play if Land destruction was your deck type. A good drain/burn deck would work too...add a little small-creature support, and you're laughing. The only really effective Black/Blue Type II combination I could think of was to add a splash of green and play Prosperous Bloom. But that's not true blue/black smile.gif

Well, there's my overlong post...hope this draws out all those ol' type I players lurking in the shadows on boards biggrin.gif

Bob the Unlucky Octopus
    =Carpe Diem=

[This message has been edited by Bob the Unlucky Octopus (edited 19-06-2001).]

simple question
    Is there a better creature than the B L A C K
    avatar of woe ? .... i think not
    and no reya dawnbringer is not even close well maybe close.

just wondering if it would be possible to have a boards MTG meet that would be cool and it seems there is enough magic interest here on boards to make it feasible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 392 ✭✭Skyclad

7-10, cafe mocha behind stephens green shopping center each tuesday night. you'll find a good few people there on the top floor.

Theres also a competition on in carlow (!!!) the weekend after this with prizes to gencon UK available...its the same weekend Ill be in Milan at the European championships though smile.gif

Dave

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

How wrong I was to poke fun at MtG, it's obviously a highly intellectual and exciting game!

PINK ROOLZ JOOR AS5!!!!!!!!!

Lunacy Abounds! GLminesweeper RO><ORS!
    art is everything and of course nothing and possibly also a sausage

[This message has been edited by amp (edited 19-06-2001).]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Dago

Hi Skyclad,

Are you guys still playing M:TG onTuesday nights in Café Mocha.

Send on the details to me if you are.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭Seifer

Dago wrote: »
    Hi Skyclad,

Are you guys still playing M:TG onTuesday nights in Café Mocha.

Send on the details to me if you are.
    This thread is 9 years old; so it's unlikely.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

The new PC game on Steam is excellent btw

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭Kazuma

Holy jesus, necro time :eek:

Advertisement