Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Additions to our web site this evening...

Options
  • 05-09-2001 6:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭

Thank you 80project for once again sending me an audio CD of our radio appearances. The resulting encoded mp3's (16Kbps and 8Kbps like last time) are currently being uploaded to our web site and should be available on the "DOWNLOADS" page within the next 20 mins (i.e.: by about 7.15pm this evening).

These files are:

"Into the Net" on Anna Livia radio (30/08/01).
    Featuring seminar speeches from Soula Evans and Martin Harran.

and:

"5-7 Live" on RTÉ Radio 1 (30/08/01).
    Featuring interviews from the IrelandOffline Seminar.

Keep your eyes on www.irelandoffline.com for more as it happens. If you'd prefer the files in another format other than mp3, let me know here. The files are encoded to such a low bit-rate simply to save as much as possible on file size - and because a high bit-rate is not really necessary for speech.

--

*cough* ... off topic, but right now it's ONE-NIL to CYPRUS (against Portugal)... HOORAY!!!

Bard
    'First motorbike in the bible ???? ---- a Triumph --- 'Yea verily Moses struck down the ammmanites and all the land heard the roar of his triumph !!!'

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

--- all files uploaded ---

any problems - let me know

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

You're Welcome Good Sire wink.gif

Its a pretty impressive download page now I must say. When we get the other stuff from Martins son it'll be xlnt.

I suppose @ this stage we could now direct any ppl not familar w/ IrelandOffline to the d/l page for an audio history to date, because it starts the day after the ACT letter & then up to the seminar!

Glad to see it all arrived in 1 piece smile.gif
    BTW what are you using to compress to 8kb?? I use mp3Workshop & the lowest bitrate is 32kb!

80p.
    SAVE CHIP !!

Just wondering with the site down tonight did you excede traffic limits with people hoping in to download the seminar?

John

80p- I'm using MusicMatch Jukebox 6.0. It's an excellent program.

corkie- thanks for pointing out that the site is down. Unfortunately there's nothing I can do about it apart from alerting the hosts of it (Cyrona Software, whom I used to work for - and who helpfully let me continue to host scaryeire.com on their server). The server is host to their own site, as well as most of their customers sites, some of which seem to be down...

The server is still up and running, though- pings are coming back... could be a misconfiguration in IIS, I guess...

Rest assured, I'll investigate it.

Bard
    'First motorbike in the bible ???? ---- a Triumph --- 'Yea verily Moses struck down the ammmanites and all the land heard the roar of his triumph !!!'

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Bard:
    80p- I'm using MusicMatch Jukebox 6.0. It's an excellent program.

</font>

DOH!!!

I actually have that smile.gif
    I'd better investigate it a little more!

80p.
    SAVE CHIP !!

• Advertisement

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by 80project.com:
    DOH!!!

I actually have that smile.gif
    I'd better investigate it a little more!

</font>

Well the site is back up - don't really know what happened there...

Anyway, as for MMJB, 80p - go to Options>Recorder>Settings and look at the bottom of the settings window (under "Custom Quality") - et voila - the MP3 CBR option has a wee slider with which you can specify the bitrate, from 8kbps right up to 320kbps.

Bard

Thx Niall.

And here's a big Homer Simpson "Doh!" for not noticing that before.
    And to think I had that sitting on my harddrive doing diddly squat smile.gif

80p.
    SAVE CHIP !!

Advertisement