Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slowing to a crawl at peak hours

Options
  • 06-09-2001 8:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

I use Esat for my home phone, and pay Eircom for Internet time. In the past month or so I notice that my Internet access seems to slow to a crawl as soon as the clock passes 8 am. I realize this is peak time and I am paying through the nose for connection then, but why am I getting such poor speed? Does anyone else experience a tremendous slow-down when the Celtic Tiger signs on?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

yes, everyone does i guess frown.gif
    It was very bad for me a couple of weeks ago, but I got a new modem, which has greatly helped .... I can't explain how, but the new modem works great

It might be worth your while downloading access to some other ISP's and "play" around with them to see which gives the best performance at certain times...

UTVinternet.ie and elive.net might be worth a try.

I don`t use the net in the mornings ,only after 6pm.I find the net crawls to a halt at
    9pm to 10:30pm , it just dies ;-) I use IOL and I am in Cork .

Regards
    Martin

Advertisement