Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ODTR DSL Price Announcement?

Options
  • 05-09-2001 10:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

If someone in the ODTR is getting this, can we expect some sort of statement today regarding eircom's wholesale ADSL price (or lack thereof)?

Hmm.. well, I suppose tomorrow:

"The responsibility remains with eircom to ensure cost orientation of the proposed bitstream charges, and eircom is requested to furnish an adequately and appropriately cost oriented submission to this Office in full by close of business Wednesday September 5th, or before if possible."

[This message has been edited by Fergus (edited 05-09-2001).]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

I sent an e-mail to them today regarding this issue but have not yet received a reply.

Yeah.. I rang the press office and they said they would email me but nothing here either.

Anyone else getting an ACL failure when they try to access http://www.odtr.ie

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Fergus:
    Anyone else getting an ACL failure when they try to access http://www.odtr.ie</font>

YES ... I have tried about ten times over the last hour

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭Kix

Interesting, there's probably something up and they're blocking access until the site is fully updated or untill it's time to release the new info on it.

K

<edit>
    I'd just finished the post and I got in. All that's new (that I can see) is a press release on the regulator's quarterly report. Nothing too earth-shattering there.

The main points are:

General
    • Revenues - £2.46(€3.12) billion. Revenues have increased by approximately 30% since June 2000. However the last quarter shows a decrease of approximately 1%.
    • The telecoms sector is estimated to account for approximately 3% of Irish GDP (2000)
    • The total number of employees in the telecoms sector is approximately 17,300 - a decline of 2.5% approximately since the last quarter.

Fixed Line Market
    • Fixed line revenue for the quarter now stands at approximately £394(€500) million, which accounts for approximately 63% of total telecommunications revenue
    • 160,000 CPS subscribers.
    • The total number of telecoms Access paths at the end of the quarter was 4.450 million, 2% lower than the previous quarter due to a revision in mobile subscribers. This figure has increased by 24% since June 2000.
    • ISDN access channels has increased from approximately 227,000 to approximately 258,000 access channels at the end of June 2001, which represents an increase of approximately 14%.
    • Fixed Telephony Retail traffic measured in minutes has decreased during the period by approximately 1%. The only category that continued to grow was Internet traffic, which grew by 8%

Internet
    • Internet traffic continues to grow and now accounts for around 28% of all retail traffic, an increase of 3% since the previous quarter.
    • Internet penetration at 1/3 of population.
      The average home user spent just under 4 hours online in July
    • Many non-users continue to believe that the Internet is irrelevant to them and fail to see any benefits in starting to use it.
    • The number of people buying online has more than doubled in the last 12 months

</edit>

[This message has been edited by Kix (edited 07-09-2001).]

• Advertisement

aye.. back again. good old esat hosting

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Kix:
    Fixed Telephony Retail traffic measured in minutes has decreased during the period by approximately 1%. The only category that continued to grow was Internet traffic, which grew by 8%
    </font>

Sounds about right - as an example, the three members of my family still at home (including parent) have one fixed line and three mobiles between them. The fixed line seems to be used only for the Net - any time they call me it's always on mobile.

Advertisement