Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PC Live Survey?

Options
  • 07-09-2001 8:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Folks, I don't know if I'm rehashing things or not but: I was glancing through "PC Lve" and it had the results of the "ISP Survey."

I didn't get a chance to read much of it, but it did say that Esat received 28% of the votes making them the most popular, even after cutting off 2,000 heavy users.

What I did not like was that they have yet again stated that "Esat issued a letter" warning the heaviest users etc. etc.

Now correct me if I'm wrong, but this letter was never issued. At leasat I didn't get it and I read here that a lot more did not receive it either. Isn't it about time that this MYTHICAL LETTER was laid to rest once and for all. It was and is being used to infer that Esat did their job properly by warning people. We know that they made a PIG'S EAR of the whole issue and we need to say it a lot louder. I think the committee should contact PC Live and ask them to print that we did not receive the letter.

By the way I could not finc a link online for this story.

MIck.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

yes. I never got this letter either and when i said it to esat they said basically tough luck. They might have the right to cut me off(well i'd debate that) but they should have to make a decent effort to inform me their cutting me off and i dont think they did. Is it really possible that An post mislaid all these letters? methinks not. I'd like to know how many really got it and didn't.

This is exactly what I'm saying. The impression is being given that they did "Make a Decent Effort," by informing their customers. It also makes the SNL users look like they ignored the "imaginary Letter" and therefore have only themselves to blame for being cut off.

We know they made a shambles of it and a lot of people think that they did it like this to stir up the Net Users into doing something about Internet Access.

Mick.

It is old news by now see previous posts on it here

Results of the PC Live ISP survey

>
    >
    >
    >

John O Connell
    ???? YOU -- @ireland.com No More ?????

No, I never recieved warning letter.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by obewan:
    Folks, What I did not like was that they have yet again stated that "Esat issued a letter" warning the heaviest users etc. etc.

Now correct me if I'm wrong, but this letter was never issued. At leasat I didn't get it and I read here that a lot more did not receive it either. Isn't it about time that this MYTHICAL LETTER was laid to rest once and for all.
    MIck.
    </font>

I never did receive a letter warning me of overusage which is why I will never deal with Esat again. If ADSL does become available I will only apply for the Eircom service.

• Advertisement

No warning letter here either. Infomat, I wish I had your will power! Although treated very badly by Esat (and Digifone) in the past I have to say that if esat did come out with a better xdsl package I'd take it. Im sure im not the only one either

Advertisement