Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom TA

• 17-05-2001 2:11am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Hey ive had this eircom TA for a good while now im not sure of the name of it but if neone else has got it , u know ne good driver updates for it or ne tweaking so i can get a ping below 100 ??

I use Eircom / Oceanfree isp's no diffrence from either of them

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Or is there any commands that cud improve it from console ? when i first got meh isdn i had my rate to 3500 or sumthing i was gettin awful choke , but i changed it to 6000 . Ive been playin cs from the start and hl . Still dont know what most of the commands in console do

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭Gerry

Its a useless ta, I havent seen anyone get decent pings with it. Get yourself an asus from england ( about 25-30 quid sterling ) or an eicon ta from itdirect ( around 55 quid ) I have an eicon ta myself, and it gives damn good pings. You are wasting your isdn connect with that eircom ta.

I know a lad who installs and configures them all day........I'll try get some tips for ya.

You could try changing these too along with your rate

cl_cmdrate
    cl_updaterate

apparently trust do a nice TA which gives nice pings...........bout an odd hundred quid.

Gerry is right.........eircom TA is lame frown.gif

Asuscom TA .. get it mail order from UK. Still the best TA about :0

• Advertisement
Advertisement