Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CS Mapping For Beginners

• 27-05-2001 9:41pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

OK, Ive decided to make my 1st map for CS. Ive d/led the CS .fgd, Wally and Worldcraft.

Wally's cool, very simple to use.

I installed the fgd no problems.

Now I open up worldcraft, and I don't have the faintest idea what to do. I clicked on all the buttons to see what they do, and I couldn't figure anything out!!!

Ive been searching on the web but everything seems too advanced for me. Does Ne1 have a link to a worldcraft for Dummies? Or even a simple method of loading up a map like de_dust so i can make small changes, as opposed to starting from scratch?????

Any help would be much appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Do the tutorial (at least there was one at the end of the readme in wc 1.0) and that should teach you the basics. From there it is easy to figure out the rest.

http://clans.quake.ie/osiris
    Fragnet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Yes start off by doing the tutorial that is in it, it shows all u really need to know for the moment, itll show you how to make rooms carve entrances link rooms etc and a few lights,Once ya get the hang of it thats really all ya need .

Well obviously not all ya need but tis most of the way.Took me ages to get the hang of it but after much shouting and cursing and mad moodiness i got tha hang of it lol and am about to release me first TFC map.

One greatsite id recommend is www.valve-erc.com very good and has all the info ya could need.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

i tried that mapping before and ill tell u that PC Gamer's Guide did me a shi*load of good.U might be able to find it somewhere on the net or U could go to the trouble of ordering the back issues (the latest one was a four issue thing).
    Well - good luck with it.

Advertisement