Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

civilization n e one play?

Options
  • 15-06-2001 2:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 579 ✭✭✭

just askin does n e one play civ 2 or test of time?

- Da_cOmRaDe_MiKe
    <font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2"> Man causes all problems. No man, no problems. - Stalin </font>

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

I doubt it, but try www.apolyton.com . It used to be a very popular civ2 site......dunno about it now though.

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭MrTimewalk

Sure do,
    We had a 4 player multiplayer of it recently in my house. VERY long, didn't work out too well. not what we expected. Might try it again some time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 734 ✭✭✭Trev

I'm a Civ2 vet so to speak. I wanna play it again but I cant find my cd :/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭GreenHell

any game Sid Meiers makes is class and his making civ 3
    www.firaxis.com/civ3

Alpha Centuria has to be my fav in the whole civ series just because its so deep and takes forever to finish its your class sunday offline game.

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭MrTimewalk

CIV II Multiplayer is AWESOME, BUT you need to get some like minded people to play with a LOT of time on their hands. Also the game is very different to the single player as players tend to posture rather than start battles. With trading of tech etc. the last game I played I managed to get gunpowder by 2000BC

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭BabyEater

I STILL PLAY CIV 2 A WEE BIT GOOD GAME

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Civ 2 is truly one of my most played games of all time.

P.s BabyEater, keep it down.

Lunacy Abounds! GLminesweeper RO><ORS!
    art is everything and of course nothing and possibly also a sausage

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 moshy

Ah, Civ2, the only computer game decent enough to warrant a place on my hard drive. I'm a regular visitor to Apolyton, whose forums are still THE place to go for Civ2 (and Civ3 news). It's a pity that they're not more Irish members over there - I've only ever seen 2 or 3, and they don't post very often...

If any of you are interested in Civ2 scenarios, I just recently released a scenario on the 1798 rebellion and it's aftermath. It can be found at http://civ.samoht.net/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 734 ✭✭✭Trev

What patch/patches do I need to play multplayer civ2 over a lan? And where can I get them?

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Da_cOmRaDe_MiKe

*sigh* moshy altho we r in the middle of a MASSIVE WAR IN OUR GAME ... i doubt it we will find n e mre ppl to play...

if u want to play over the lan.. just dl make sure the 2 computers have the same version eg. 1.0 or 1.1...

dis can be found at www.apolyton.net (aka da mother land...)

also get the no c.d patch also found at the mother land...

- Da_cOmRaDe_MiKe
    <font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2"> Man causes all problems. No man, no problems. - Stalin </font>

• Advertisement
Advertisement