Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wind!

• 01-06-2001 7:27pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

The north wind isn`t doing any favours for the fishing this weekend. Think I`ll chill and have a few tinnies, watch the match.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,717 ✭✭✭jd

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Ned:
    The north wind isn`t doing any favours for the fishing this weekend. Think I`ll chill and have a few tinnies, watch the match.</font>

i'm going to see how i feel in the morning.
    (suffering still from fluey sinuitis-finished antibiotics and enjoying a hot whiskey (note 1))

if ok going to try the new seafront in wexford for codling and coalie9 which i never used catch in harbour

worked well a few weeks ago- if you hit a shoal of coalie when you casted in you had 2 on before you hit bottom-only up to a pound -2 though..

interestingly the current of the qauy in wexford is a lot stonger now (basic physics really) - will be interesting to see what changes it will produce in the years ahead

]
    ]
    ]
    b
    r
    i
    d~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ***
    g~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ _________ * *
    e ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~~ ~ ~ ~~ ~\
    ]~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~~ ~|
    ]
    |
    ]
    ]
    ] _________old quay___________________
    ]

*= spot approx where we caught coalie and cod-hope this works!
    jd
    ps ~ = waves fo spacing
    (1) its nice that when you get older your parents trust you with abottle of whiskey

[This message has been edited by jd (edited 02-06-2001).]

[This message has been edited by jd (edited 02-06-2001).]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

JD,
    Was that Jameson Or Shirley Bassey? Sleep well did we? Anyway, if you get out this morning!! the wind and fresh fresh air should clear it, pronto.
    Sounds good, a couple of cod fillets on the BBQ and a win agin the Ports this afternoon.
    I`ll crack on with a bit of tench fishing tomorrow at dawn if, and only if, I get out of the pub WHEN the match ends.
    Thank God you don`t give it the SUNNY SOUTHEAST jazz! I`ve a mate just outside D`garvan, an angler, who never quits.
    Tight lines & flying bobbins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,717 ✭✭✭jd

well it was the jemmy - slept a bit late though
    I only made it out after the match for about 3 hours-one codling for my troubles
    had it for supper after frying it in butter with potatoes

Advertisement