Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whats your preffered mouse/mousing surface?

Options
  • 19-06-2001 4:38pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,944 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I've always lived with the standard mouse chucked out but I'm very tempted to buy the Wingman Gaming Mouse in Virgin for £20 and incl. Shogo Mobile Armour Division (which I never played).
    As for surface I've been a confirmed 3M Precise Mousing Surface for a while now.
    So what do the rest of you diehard gamers use/wish you were using?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

a bog standard dell mat (very yoinkable)
    best thing ive used with an intellimouse (they tend to slide on anything else)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

Everglide mousemat, with a Logitech Mouseman Plus Optical

• Closed Accounts Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Chubby

I've always used last weeks newspaper. It's much easy to just replace it than cleaning after the mouse.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

A HP/logitech mouse. I did have a cordless which still works fine but it's scrolly wheel was not rubbery enough. Such is life.

Lunacy Abounds! GLminesweeper RO><ORS!
    art is everything and of course nothing and possibly also a sausage

• Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭DrunkLeprachaun

I've got a ms intellimouse and a piece of **** mat. Good mouse, **** mat.

If there's one thing I hate, it's people.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

ive a Logitech Mouseman Plus Optical, non wireless since theres a slight delay.
    ALLSOP mouse mat

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭Leverz

Everglide Mousemat, Razer BoomSlang 2000 USB Mouse.
    None of the rest touch this.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

boomslang sucks, get crap after a couple of times

• Registered Users Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Leverz:
    Everglide Mousemat, Razer BoomSlang 2000 USB Mouse.
    None of the rest touch this.
    </font>

Hear Hear!
    Slippery slidey mayhem. Anyone who proclaims that the boomslang (2K - 1K's are very unreliable) sucks has obviously never owned one.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,145 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

Everglide + Boomslang 2k.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Mills

MS optical wheelmouse, £25, and a very old and dirty dell mat, free.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,944 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

I've heard optical mice aren't great for gaming accuracy and seeing those who use it I'm inclined to believe it smile.gif Naw only messing so I assume you find the optical mice fine for accuracy etc.?
    By the by is the Boomslang available in Ireland now? The thing about them is it seems a bit pointless to overspend on a mouse like the Boomslang. I mean it surely doesn't improve your play that much. IF Leverz uses it thats evidence enough for me smile.gif

[This message has been edited by musician (edited 20-06-2001).]

[This message has been edited by musician (edited 20-06-2001).]

• Registered Users Posts: 1,236 ✭✭✭Coyote

ratpadznonviolentbanner2.gif

thats the one i have it's very big which is cool.

you can get it here
    Ratpadz

Coyote

You try to be smarter,
    And I will try to be nicer

[This message has been edited by Coyote (edited 20-06-2001).]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

Optical mice are absolutely fine for anyone using high sensitivity. People using low sensitivity who sweep the mouse around all over the shop will have trouble because big fast movements confuse the optical mechanism, while ball mice far prefer big fast movements as there's more margin for error. Tiny movements tend not to be picked up as well by the ball mouse.

As for the Boomslang, I doubt you can find them in Ireland. Since Razer just effectively went bust, I think you'll have fun finding them ANYWHERE actually... I guess they found that 99% of people don't actually want a massively expensive, badly designed mouse in a biscuit tin smile.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

I forgot to mention my preferred mousing surface which would be Winona Ryder...ahhhhhh..

Lunacy Abounds! GLminesweeper RO><ORS!
    art is everything and of course nothing and possibly also a sausage

• Closed Accounts Posts: 734 ✭✭✭Trev

I tend to use a leg of chicken nowadays.

Ideally I would like to use a mouse mat.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,145 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Shinji:

I guess they found that 99% of people don't actually want a massively expensive, badly designed mouse in a biscuit tin smile.gif
    </font>

Don't knock the tin, it's class!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by musician:
    I'm very tempted to buy the Wingman Gaming Mouse in Virgin for £20 and incl. Shogo Mobile Armour Division (which I never played).</font>
    Do it man, do it!
    I got that exact package a while back (In the Virgin Megastore funnily enough)...
    Bloody lovely mouse... nice USB/PS2 connection... very smooth, very responsive.
    And for only £20, it beats the snot out of the rest IMO smile.gif
    (the USB connection works nicely with Linux aswell FYI)

You could always get a Raz0rb00mslang, but only if you feel like burning some money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 gintyc

I use IntelliMouse explorer, and anything for a mouse mat

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭ThrAx

i use an old transparent intellimouse with wheel which i stole off my granny and a quakes mousemat that came free with some dreamcast magazine that i purchased for a modest fee in easons. other funny mouse related stories include the time doodee disconnected the mouse and keyboard from #MEAT#s PC at lanfest once which lead to richard complaining and everybody laughing at him when he realised what had happened. he then complained and got in trouble for dissconnecting them even though he didnt do it. it was very entertaining indeed. another time, #MEAT# touched his own bollix and then touched doodee's mouse (an intellimouse no less) he was then shouted at vigorously by doodee. they both hate each other now.

the morel of this story?
    i dunno, **** off and fiure it out for urself...lol

This device complies with part 15 of the PCC rules. Ooperation is subject to the following two conditions:
    (1) this device may not cause harmful interference, and
    (2) This device must accept any interference recieved, including muppetry from muppets which may cause undesired operation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Logitech's "ambidextrous" red-balled trackball does it for me. No mousemat required.

Bard

-in Manchester. Ee by gum, I get around.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Mills

A trackball for games?! I've had to use those before for standard program use, and I found them a b!tch to use even for that, I suppose you get used to them tho?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Mills:
    A trackball for games?! I've had to use those before for standard program use, and I found them a b!tch to use even for that, I suppose you get used to them tho?</font>

Yep, and once you are used to them, there's no turning back... and purely for accuracy, I've found them unbeatable.

-Also excellent for any precision work such as graphic design.

Bard
    Fatter, happier, more productive.

Advertisement