Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Back on FM...... When??

Options
  • 16-06-2001 11:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Great to see a Phantom Board !!

I must say the guest book was getting a bit tatty, and boards.ie is the best place to give Phantom Fm the forum it deserves.

I know as stated the website is being updated, but is there any ballpark figure as to when you'll be back on FM?
    (Just so we know when the agony will end !!)
    There seems to be alot of secrecy about the whole thing and I think everyone feels very detached whereas once we hung on your every word.
    A reply would be most welcome.
    80p.

80project.com

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Hi 80p
    I know it's a bit frustrating not knowing, but trust me, we are doing our best to sort something out! There are, obviously, legal things to sort out as well as all the rest and we're still officially in discussion with the IRTC so to just turn on the transmitters would be only harming eveybody's interests.
    The PhantomFM team is still there and still working hard and more committed than ever to providing a service to Dublin and beyond. The internet is the only option we have right at this moment, but we have more ambitions than just that.
    Sorry if it's a bit vague, but I'm sure you can understand our position. Keep the belief and, as someone recently told me, if you keep banging you head against that brick wall, it'll eventually fall down!!

Right. I'll get some panadol for that headache and back to more head banging.

Talk soon!
    Paul Clarke,
    Phantom FM

Thanks for getting back to me Paul.

I totally understand the situation and perhaps my emotions got the better of me in being so demanding. I just feel though that the fabric of Irish Soceity is collapsing around us when I see such crazy things happen such as Phantom being deprived the license for the 2nd time, apparently for no credible reason. I cant even listen in on the web now since Surf No limits was withdrawn by ESAT- (dont get me started about this-go to the IrelandOfflline Board !)

However, I know you cant be reactionary in answering listeners requests to get back on air because @ the moment the legal process is still not exhausted and For this I must commend your nobility @ this time. It would have been very easy to just blast out the tunes on April 30th giving the preverbial 2 fingers to the IRTC. In my opinion (I'm studying law in UCD), I hope you continue down this road and stay with that headbanging approach (no musical reference intended!). Your right that if you go pirate now it will blow all the great time, effort & finance that has gone into the bid.

I apologise for asking such a difficult question, as I know the stress you must be under. Given your recent setbacks, if it was me, dissillusionment &dispair would've set in along time ago. Again let me congratulate you on your dignity and sensible approach to the whole situation and I'll keep you in my prayers, as God wont let such an injustice prevail. The IRTC are effectively depriving a generation of the music they love.

Yours sincerley

D.R. Staunton

http://savephantomfm.stauntonline.com

80project.com

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by 80project.com:
    God wont let such an injustice prevail. The IRTC are effectively depriving a generation of the music they love.

http://savephantomfm.stauntonline.com

</font>

Told you so!!
    Although its still pirate, I think we had a higher force on our side. Praise the Lord, normal service resumed!
    80p.

80project.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

wow...a 4 year old posting has been brought back to life!

Advertisement