Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

system shock 2

Options
  • 21-06-2001 9:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭

Anyone know how to get this working under w2k? gives a error about nt and dx 6.1 or somthing...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭Kix

It's a pity you don't have the actually error text to hand but some first suggestions would be:

1) Make sure you've got the latest DirectX version on your machine. Grab a PC Gamer (or similar) covermount if you don't want to download it.
    2) Get the latest version the Win 2K drivers for your graphics card.

If that doesn't help there's also a SS2 patch available. I can't remember what issues it addressed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

'Little ones need meet to grow up big and strong' ****whiirrrr*** **click** ***whirrrr****.

AAIIIIIEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!! smile.gif

"Where are you? Ah, there you are sir, Whirrr... KABOOM!!"

and your manky shotgun packing up just when you need it most and never seeming to have the right ammo and being **** scared all the time...

Brilliant. biggrin.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Ah yes the protocol droids, 'how can I help you sir, if I can't find you?'. Then runs at you shrieking 'THATS THE TRI-OPTIMUM WAY!!!' before exploding violently smile.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

BABIES MUST SLEEP
    BABIES MUST REST

*shudder*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭Chaos

ah nice one it worked, thanks

Hummm... felt a bit guilty for my somewhat generic answer and so obliged myself into going a little bit further.

First things first, SS2 will work under W2K but should be installed as described here:
    <font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">How do I install System Shock 2 under Windows 2000?
    Open a command prompt. Change the directory to your CD and type

setup –lgntforce

This should allow you to install the game as normal.
    </font>

That should solve the problem you've been seeing. Oh that's -LGNTFORCE, btw.

Secondly, the patch - although it only mentions improvments related to multiplayer - does help a lot with W2K, apparently. So get your hands on it as a matter of priority.

Finally, enjoy an excellent game! biggrin.gif

[This message has been edited by Kix (edited 22-06-2001).]

Advertisement