Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Startopia, IWAR2:Edge of Chaos, Operation Flashpint......3 games I will be playing

Options
  • 16-06-2001 11:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭

orangehat.gif

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,436 ✭✭✭bugler

Operation Flashpint you say.Sounds good to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

I hereby Operation Flashpint the Boards.ie Game Of The Random Period Of Time.

Congratulations [FCA]SyxPak, your prize is a Karma point. Wear it with pride.

Lunacy Abounds! GLminesweeper RO><ORS!
    art is everything and of course nothing and possibly also a sausage

• Closed Accounts Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Belisarius

Arg You really can set your watches by this kind of post , It comes immediately after a PCG release , Though They are good games Ill give you that , While I war never did it for me *More a Freespace 2 kinda guy , who isnt* I might be persuaded to get it , but Im still fairly into Starlancer *Very cheap at the mo if you want to save yourself some dosh* but Op Flashpoint. and Startopia are good buys

Shrewgar!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

ah, i couldn't get Sarlancer running, haven't played the demo of freespace - so teh jury's stil out on that- but i have put down a reservatioon on Op Flash.
    Startopia is calss. really enjoyed it. Can't say there was much else on the disk I liked.
    Must get ActionHL though. I only ever played an early Beta on my sh|te old pc. So i'd say its changed a bit since then.
    I do read PCG, and i have bought a few games on their advice, but I am currently looking for some old games to play accross my Lan. I bought GTA and Dark Colony there yesteraday for £5 each in Smyths. DC sucks. Really Reaaly badly. Might just return it. get Barbie's House of Pink instead. Heard its rather involving actually. smile.gif
    GTA is class. nearly finished it before, but had to give the disk back to m cousin again. If anyone knows where I an get a copy of Shadow Warrior, Hexen, Heretic or DukeNukem please tell me. Battlezone1 would help too.
    basically anything that'll run on a 3Dfx card and a p120. thats a lot of games. if i could get a few for £5 I'd b happy.
    As for teh karma, thx.
    Will there be any op Flash servers in a week's tme? (its out this friday coming)
    Syx0rz

No-one ever suspects the Duck
    He who must die, must die in the dark even though he sells candles
    knuddel.gif

am....how do I view my own karma history? Just interested to see what you wrote be fore it beomes irrelevent to me.
    Is there a certain number of post I have to make before I get access?
    Oh, and Cannon Fodder rules.
    look out for Red Faction, Halo (mmmm), AvP2, Duke Nukem Forever, max payne (mmm) and ThiefIII

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,581 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Played the demo of Operation Flashpoint. I enjoyed the whole driving your CO around thing, the being transported on the back of a lorry listening to your squad mates talk. I was quite enjoying it actually.

But then we had the whole 'combat' thing. For me, that was awful. I'm all for realism, but not at the expense of gameplay. It wasn't fun. at all. I view Operation Flashpoint more as a soldier simulater and not as a game.

The face of a child can say it all, especially the mouth part of the face.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Freespace 2 is pure class , why are volition wasteing there time with red faction , I want Freespace 3!!!!!!
    On the topic , i have had the Op Flashpiont demo for ages now and what fun!
    taking the helicopter that has come to rescue you out with a law....sweet!
    Going into the enemy armour camp in a UAZ and nickig a BMP with its AT3 rockets blowing the crap of the T72's beside you.......oh so sweet!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,436 ✭✭✭bugler

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by [FCA]SyxPak:
    Will there be any op Flash servers in a week's tme? (its out this friday coming)
    </font>

Nope.The european version will not have dedicated server support on release, so unless you can find someone with a huge fat pipe of a conn who will tolerate being lagged by your 56k modem then your out of luck.The US version (which is only shipping in September I think) will have dedicated server support, and us Europeans will be able to download a patch to acquire this feature.Besides, the online aspect is looking like a disappointment, with even the games creators stating it probably won't be good for anymore than 5 or so humans a side.Still could be a laugh, but its not the battefield simulator i was hoping for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Belisarius

In all fairness , who doesnt love Freespace 2 , I remember the first time I saw the really big laser from the Shivan Juggernaught , you know THAT one I thought my comp was going to crash or something biggrin.gif , Id like to see Iwar2 do that smile.gif . But Starlancer is equally as good in my opinion , If subtler , even though its just Topgun in space "Ohh no The Russians killed yer man ...they shall pay " "oh no the A-rabs kill the lads they shal pay" "Oh no" so on so forth . Well worth a go . I couldnt imagine much Probs with it mind , It runs In D3d

I found the Flashpoint demo cool but haaard , I got to the battle alright and Off the Ruskies in the upper portion of the town *picking up a L33t Mimi sub machine gun along the way smile.gif* I headed down the road and suddenly this little Lada smacks into me and a pile of russians get out ,I played again I lAWed the Lada Made me way down into the town , suddenly a Wave of T72s come charging at the town ...I start to leg it down the slope to the coast but I just get the crap blown out of me all the time :/ , still Its hard in that OMG this is class sorta way. I must get it

Shrewgar!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭Monty - the one and only

Iwar 2 is actually very good...from what Ive seen from the demo anyway...I love any type of game that gives you the impression that your part of something bigger....eg, some of the levels in x-wing allaince and Freespace 2 where there are just some huge fighter skirmishes where your part of a team...not many games have been able to do that...from what I have seen of the demo of Op. Flashpoint it will be one of the games in that catagory...ie, a must get for me.... smile.gif

It is not a fairytail. It is truth

www.scifi-meshes.com

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

It's in your profile

Lunacy Abounds! GLminesweeper RO><ORS!
    art is everything and of course nothing and possibly also a sausage

I finished that mission in the full game, T72s? I might ahve missed them tho.
    This is not Half-Life. you are part of a team for teh start of it then u are responsible for a team later as you get promoted. I was playing a tank level today, excellent, though i found i had to turn off teh mouse-steer whilst driving (using teh * key on the Numpad) because it was swinging back and forth. But you can control it perfectly well with the keyboard instead. The first 'Single mission' is class, you have to sneak into a town and rob a Russian UAZ (4x4). There's this calss little Zetor tractor waiting nicely beside it. The soldiers make nice *squishy* sounds. wink.gif
    The game rocks, i don't ahvea great net connection (thanks to eircom - B A S T E R D S !)so this game is a god-send for me. I also got it cheap too. £31.50 - Smyth's plus membership card.

Freespce2 Gold Ed. is only £15 in Smyth's in Galway too...I'm gonna get ti tomoorow if I'm in town.
    I'm ina real army type mood atm too - both because of the game and that i'm going on a FCA camp thsi week too. I'm not woking for the summer so this is a nice way to pay for my RAM/HDD/GF3 upgrade thsi summer

Advertisement