Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GBA.....out NOW!!

Options
  • 22-06-2001 8:28am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭

Going to try a get my mits on one of these today if i can. Does anybody know what the RRP is here in ireland? I was thinking of getting F-Zero with it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,738 ✭✭✭Xterminator

I think their £110 in smiths

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭Firefox

Cheers, lads. Must get down to Smiths after work.

I think i might get tony hawk's pro skateboarder 2 instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭ThrAx

theyre £100 in gamesworld in dublin

i wanna get one but i need to get a new graphics card too to show off my fps at the galway lan

This device complies with part 15 of the PCC rules. Ooperation is subject to the following two conditions:
    (1) this device may not cause harmful interference, and
    (2) This device must accept any interference recieved, including muppetry from muppets which may cause undesired operation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 Prof.Frink

Listen all of you I don't me to hurt peoples feelings or anything but your all big children!First of all you spend 70 pounds on a Gameboy colour and all it really is a bunch of Fat Italians running around or a D!ckhead trying to catch crudely drawn creatures.And then you have to go back to the smae shop and buy the exact same thing except extremely dearer and I don't think theres much difference in the GB and GBA only bigger when you could go to a shop and spend 90 pound on a 32 bit PSone(doesn't make sense your spending more money on worse graphics!!!About the Gamecube while I'm on the subject of Nintendo seems to be a load of childish crap even the Head of Nintendo said the Gamecube "Is A Toy!!!!!"And if you have digital theres a channel called Game Network and the Gamecube previews are short and makes the games look even more childish.Plus they have no originality!!!

And onto the PS2 the reviews and previews are much longer Realistic and Breathtakingly stunning gameplay.Its bound to wipe the floor with other next Gen consoles.The line-up and loads of Exclusives heres a few:
    Metal Gear Solid 2
    Grand Theft Auto 3
    Smackdown 3
    Gran Turismo 3
    Jak And Daxter
    Tomb Raider(Next Gen)
    Ace Combat 4
    Max Payne
    SSX 2
    Tony Hawks 3
    Dark Cloud
    Final Fantasy 10
    Air Blade
    Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon
    Matrix
    NFL 2002
    Virtua Fighter 4
    Time Crisis 2
    Crazy Taxi 2
    Half Life
    Soldier Of Fortune
    Dues Ex
    Driver 3
    Soul Calibur 2
    Kessen II
    Final Fantasy 11
    Medal Of Honour
    Resident Evil Code Veronica X
    Commandos 3
    Sonic
    WWF VS WCW
    Gunslinger
    Tekken 4
    Crash 4
    Z:Steel Soldiers
    Age Of Empires 2
    Red Alert 2
    Can't Remember the rest

NINTENDO:
    Mostly sequels to Pokemon,Mario,Zelda or successful games on N64(How Creative)

Glaven

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

So ... is the GBA worth nabbing?

I've seen it for about £75 (sterling of course) in GAME here in Manchester... if it's basically going to be Playstation(1) quality action in the palm of my hand and with plenty of decent games then I might well nab it there...

what do y'all reckon?

Bard

- in Manchester. KnowWhatIMeanLikeMan?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 44 Prof.Frink

NO NO NO Listen!gba=16 bit!playstation=32
    gba=craper playstation=greatness

there read again and again

Glaven

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Ah my dear Professor, PS1/2 are consoles. The gameboy is a handheld which means it is portable.

Comparing the two is either stupid or deliberate trolling.

You can prove that Sony's consoles are better only if you manage to create a rucksack type contraption that carries the following:

A 14" inch tv (in front of your head)
    Two Car batteries and a transformer.
    A cd rack.
    Speakers.
    A PS1 or PS2.
    Two controllers.

Please post the picture of you dressed as such to this board.

P.s You have used up your exclamation point quota for the week. Please restrict your use of them and increase your use of the space bar or the server will crash. Thanks, bye.

Lunacy Abounds! GLminesweeper RO><ORS!
    art is everything and of course nothing and possibly also a sausage

• Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭Winning Hand

Having never owned a hand held comp before I must say I am tempted by the GBA, be cool if they released Super Mario 3 on it.
    Just one question though, is it region specific or no?

I like my coffee like I like my women.......
    In a plastic cup

I like my coffee like I like my women......
    covered in bees

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭SheroN

I hate all this "it's like a portable ps1" ********..just shut up. buy it. play the games and enjoy it......
    why do people have to disect everything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 257 ✭✭Jug-A-Lug

i had the oppertunity to attempt to try it out in the states but i would have to agree with penny arcade on this one

20010613l.gif

• Advertisement

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by SheroN:
    I hate all this "it's like a portable ps1" ********..just shut up. buy it. play the games and enjoy it......
    why do people have to disect everything.
    </font>

I will not tolerate hippies on this board. Please restrict your communist propaganda to the humanities board where it belongs. tongue.gif

How to break your GBA:

http://www.theregister.co.uk/content/50/19891.html

• Registered Users Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Prof.Frink:
    NO NO NO Listen!gba=16 bit!playstation=32
    gba=craper playstation=greatness

there read again and again

</font>

HEY YEAH JUST LIKE TEH N64 IS 64 BITS AND TEH PALYSTATION IS ONLY 32 SO TEH GAYSTATION IS CRAPER THEN THE N64!!1/1! rolleyes.gif

Gimp.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,581 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

What has the playstation and gamecube got to do with this thread?

Anyway.

Today, between me and my brother the following was bought: 2 GBAs, Tony Hawk;s Pro Skater 2, F-Zero, link cable, magnifier/light, 2 power adapters, car kit, 2 game racks. That came to around £340 in GAME.

It is uber-expensive, and I was quite angry to see the games priced at £45.

But sitting down playing the thing quashed my anger. Its wonderful. I don't think Nintendo could have done a much better job than what they have. Worth every penny in my opinion.

As for the games, they seem to be fun for the most part (wasn't too keen on those GT games), my favourite being Castlevania. Tony Hawks looks amazing though, most of the animaton from the PS/DC version had made it through.

The face of a child can say it all, especially the mouth part of the face.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Prof.Frink:
    NINTENDO:
    Mostly sequels to Pokemon,Mario,Zelda or successful games on N64(How Creative)
    </font>

The list of PS2 games you gave.
    25/37 were sequals.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭GreenHell

Fiddle around with the thing at the back you may make it brighter for like 30 mins and then its a perfect hand grenade.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭SheroN

I ain't no commie...*better dead than red!...ooooohhh arrrr!

*note: May not actually be true

• Registered Users Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭Lex_Diamonds

I walked into EB today and nearly ****in punched someone when I saw how much the games for this thing cost. FOURTY FIVE FVCKIN QUID!! They can go and ****E off for that price! Satan will be donning a pair of woolies the day I buy one of those.

Secondly, its also incredibly FVCKIN **** that PC games have gone up a fiver now. New games are almost all £39.99. Cases in point, Operation Flashpoint, Evil Dead:HTTK, Alone in the Dark 4. All new releases.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭Dr_Teeth

I bought mine today, with Kuru Kuru Kuruin. It's great though I wish the screen was backlit smile.gif

Teeth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭DrunkLeprachaun

Hmmmm. Anyone want to buy a GBC for £60?
    bargain.

If there's one thing I hate, it's people.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭Firefox

Well.....got it on Saturday in smiths and despite non-backlit screen and ridiculously priced games I have to say I'm impressed.
    I got Tony hawk's with it and was amazed at how close the gameplay comes to the PS1 and DC Versions. Tough game though.
    The fact that this is a handheld and you will be able to play some classic games from the SNES and Megadrive days, it will make me quite happy indeed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 270 ✭✭Jabba_the_SLUT

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Prof. Frink
    don't think theres much difference in the GB and GBA
    [/B]</font>

not much difference? u obviously dont have a clue cos the gba is 32-bit as opposed the the gameboy colour which is not as powerful. it doesnt even come close.
    FYI the gba can also do 3d take a look at tony hawks pro skater 2

[This message has been edited by Jabba_the_SLUT (edited 25-06-2001).]

Advertisement