Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaming /choke loss problems

Options
  • 26-06-2001 8:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭

Ok here are my connection stats for gaming
    US Robotics 56k Ext. Faxmodem.
    Connected to OceanFree at 33.6kbs (not V.90 Modulation)
    Stac Compression (Supposibly very good for gaming)
    Error Control Off, Flow Control on Hard Ware.

Now my problem is I get REALLY bad choke in servers.. 56 to 70 in really hot areas.. and loss even 19.. first off what is loss and choke.. I know they are bad.. cus when my choke goes up so does my ping and every thing feels VERY laggy.. so how do I reduce all this choke.. and Loss.

My rate in Counter - Strike is 3360

so why dont I have a nice, staedy low ping .. i ping games1.iol.ie and everything in MS-DOS and I read 130 120 108!! even

so whats up?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

just be glad you can play online i have pretty much the same as you in connection terms except i have v.90 , but when we got a new line installed for the net , the stupid eircom man forgot to turn up the phone speed after he was done at the box up the pole.
    now i can only connect @ 14kps no matter what hardware i have , i used to get connections of 44 - 48kps , i have contacted eircom about it , but they never got off there lazy asses to do anything.!:|!

«Donal|R

Advertisement