Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stone Temple Pilots- New CD- Any reviews??

• 08-08-2001 8:24pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

The STP's new album is out eventually

" Shangri-La Dee Da "

I must say, I like it alot and it has some really good vintage STP stuff. "Days of the Week" I thought was a bit annoying @ first but its growing on me now!!

Overall- I'd recommend purchasing it!
    Or downloading it like I did & then Buying It-
    Actually the First CD in a while I've bought-Mostly download stuff nowadays- So the fact I bought it shows how good I think it is !!

Any other Comments / reviews / thoughts welcomed

"Leisure Rules"
    as per... Ferris Buellers Day Off

80p.
    SAVE CHIP !!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

I got the Cd from canada about 3 weeks ago and all I can say is wonderful. It another unmistakable STP classic. Hotpress gave it an average rating commenting on how the band haven't evolved or somthing. Not every band has to take the radiohead route. I love the sound of Stp and I'm glad i can still recognise it on this record....If u dont have it buy it.

Its definitley their unique brand of rock alright.

Your dead right about them not goin the Radiohead route, I think they're a band the critics love to hate and play off as a Pearl Jam tribute band almost. As a huge PJ fan as well, it is such a put down to STP to brand them in such a manner. Both Bands are so uniquely different and brilliant. STP are a band just in need of a bit of commercial success on this side of the water to hit the big time.

BTW- bit of a bummer they're not playing Ireland on the upcoming European Tour, Heh!?
    I missed them in 94 (was it??) I think goin to London or Glasgow for the gig is a bit beyond me @ the moment w/ work & college restarting- Ah well nevermind

If you're a big STP fan, I have a website devoted to them.... http://www.s-t-p.net
    I started last autumn but really haven;t had time to update it lately- but w/ the new album out, I may giv it a bit of spruce!!

"Bang Bang Baby Its a Crash Crash Crash!!"

80p.
    SAVE CHIP !!

Right on.. I love a lot of things about that band, both their distinctive sound and the imagery. I fortunately got got to see them in the sfx (cant remember the year, must dig out the ticket stubb) for some reason the gig dosn't rank up with my favourites. That said i've been looking at ryanair.com and counting me pennies we'll just have to see..

Advertisement