Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good single player games

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by DrunkLeprachaun:
    I almost forgot to say, the worst thing about the PC version of FF7 is the music. On the playstation it's very good, orchestrated and pleasing to the ear. The PC version is horrible midi. Anyone who's fought sephiroth on the PC and the PSX will know what I'm talking about(the song is called one wing angel, top song it is).

</font>

rolleyes.gif

I've heard that from any amount of people. The mistake most people make is neglecting to install the fupping yamaha midi drivers - otherwise the music is played in bleepy midi sh|teness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭DrunkLeprachaun

I did install the drivers, and the sound wasn't unbearable, but if you compare it to the playstaion, it's ****ing awful. We deserve better.

If there's one thing I hate, it's people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 725 ✭✭✭pat kenny

Both main playstation emulators should run FF7 perfectly with sound intact,and both support joypads and memory cards.

www.bleem.com

www.connectix.com

Both cost real money frown.gif
    But your a resourseful chap Munch you might be able to find them cheaper elsewhere wink.gif

Don't stop movin to the S-club beat!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Mills

I'm going to seek out Fallout 2 some of these days, I liked the way the original played but the time limit over the whole game drove me away, hopefully fallout 2 will keep me going for a while smile.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Where can i get a blast of old Budget titles for litle-to-no money?
    I ahve a small lan at home and I'm dying for soemthing other than C&C and TA to play across it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

www.theunderdogs.org free abandonware games galore, most downloads under 10 megs.

As for Deus Ex, that was the best game of 2000, how is it dated exactly Hobbes, it hasn't been out a year yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭DrunkLeprachaun

HMV has a good offer going on at the moment. You can get 3 games for £26 or £13 each. A good few top notch games there.

If there's one thing I hate, it's people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Da_cOmRaDe_MiKe

have to say one of the best single player gamess has to be civilization 2 test of time and age of empires 2 conquorers.

NO DOUBT ABOUT IT...

- Da_cOmRaDe_MiKe
    <font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2"> Man causes all problems. No man, no problems. - Stalin </font>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,082 ✭✭✭Chris_533976

Right - my infallible list of the best single player games.

Severance Blade of Darkness - Hack + Slash gorefest.

Black & White - I dont give a rats what others say, it still rocks.

Serious Sam - A challenge. The hardest FPS there is. A great laugh.

Carmageddon, Carmageddon 2 or TDR2000 - Best driving games.

Half Life etc - If you dont have them, get them.

X Beyond the Frontier - Needs time, but good nonetheless.

Deus Ex - Go buy it. Now.

There you have it. Go play.

--Chris--

<A HREF="http://uie.8m.com
    " TARGET=_blank>http://uie.8m.com
    </A>

THE source for Internet news in Ireland. Polls, broadband, letter to ODTR, ISP details and A PETITION AGAINST EIRCOM.

Advertisement