Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Space Above & Beyond + Tropico

Options
  • 03-07-2001 1:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭

[1]Are there any games in development, or have there been games released already in relation to the television series Space Above & Beyond and/or
    Crusader.
    Should I 'abandon all hope' ?

[2]Is Tropico any good ? I read that the graphics aren't anything special but that it has original ideas and stuff. Can anyone give me some insight ?

Nil Desperandum

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Mills

Played the tropico demo, not impressed tbh, it's prety run of the mill strategy stuff, it's on a PC Gamer cover CD and available for download, check it out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭Kix

I played the Tropico demo too and enjoyed it. I'll admit that these type of games are not really my kinda thing but it seemed to have more depth to it than most games of that ilk.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Only thing I've seen tropico has over similar sims is that each character in the game has thier own personality in relation to you.

So if you say imprison one of them, his children will grow up resenting you and probably join the rebels.

Beyond that I didn't really like the game. I don't really like sim games in general, I think Startopia is the only one I've liked for some time.

I think what turns me off sim games is stupid sims. I mean if your kitchen is on fire you don't stand there and scream fire as you burn to death. You get out of the house. Startopia sims tend to exhibit intelligence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

There are currently no S:AAB or Crusade games in development, and never have been, although there was talk of an S:AAB mod for Duke Nukem 3D of all things ages ago...

Advertisement