Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

More Music Less talk

• 27-08-2001 5:55pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Phantom is cool and all but come on DJ's, try not to waffle in Gerry Ryan syruppy accents so much.

Its all about the music baby

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Yeah, Pete Read tlaked way too much last night. He kept reading out long lists of peoples names to stay hello to.

Ban shout outs - nobody really wants to listen to them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭SimonMaher

Hello there!

Had to giggle when I saw the posting that said I talked too much last night reading out long lists of listeners to say hello to and that no one wants to hear it. Bar said listeners of course. Ironic eh?

Last night was, for me anyway, the busiest night in terms of listener response we have had since we came back on air in June. And in my opinion, the least I can do for people who take the time to get in touch is to say hello. Given all that we have been through at Phantom towers of late, we really do appreciate the contacts. We generally don't get to play everyones song, or even most songs but I dont think saying hello is too much.

But I will take what you said into account and keep it to a minimum!

Same doesnt go of course for the "Two Petes Talk Rubbish" slot between 10-10.30 which is intentionally talk heavy. Maybe this could be a debate for next weeks "Debate Of The Century" (insert cheap echo where applicable).

Failing all that, I blame Sinister Pete for not buying me any delicious snack products to help me through the show.

Thanks as always,

Pete Reed
    reed@phantomfm.com

I don't mind the "Two Petes Talk Rubbish" it can be quite funny but names usually aren't -with the exception of Hugh Jass and the like.

I went to that wax works museum a while before you and the other Pete were talking about it that time - it's cool.

I think that the Phantom DJs provide excellent entertainment with their bantering, the two Petes are hilarious! On the whole there is very little talking on Phantom and a minimum of adds, so it is really unfair to criticise the DJs for saying hi to people who call in with requests. Phantom is the best radio station in Ireland at the moment and it is a TRAVESTY that they do not have a license. Please more debates of the century...

Advertisement