Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone else slightly miffed...

• 29-08-2001 11:06pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

...about Marilyn Manson being cancelled?

Even if you don't like him and werent going it's still majorly fucked up.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Was it? What happened? Parents council? I hate this country.

WHAT?????? IT WAS CANCELLED????

TELL ME YOUR JOKING

All your slut heroes offer is a fear of the future

I was right!!!!!!!! I swear to God that is soooooo wrong!!!!!! If kids are screwed up its not cos of Manson it's because of this small minded crap!!!!

Hey wait a sec....it doesn't say anything about it being cancelled on ticketmaster- whats the deal? Anyone know for sure?

ok....so thats why we never get those bloody type of gigs, cos of the stupid parents council.....oh they are so annoying........cant they let us think for ourselves.....and they let bands like sclub seven and popstars in.....they do more damage they anyone else....they prey on the minds of young children.......wont somebody think of the children?!

• Advertisement

all the runny mascara this is going to cause...deary deary me...

it says on mcd.ie thats its cancelled because the dvd production company backed out.

Max Power is suspicious. How were ticket sales doing?

Looks suspicous alright, but it was propably cancelled due to poor ticket sales.. after all if it was just the case that the film company pulled out, get another one..
    And if the Parents council wanted to stop it we would have heard something in the news, as they would have gone to ever paper, news station telling hte country thzt manson was satan incarnate who was polluting innocent minds with his satanic filt...

Insane - Am I the only mutha****er with a brain?
    I'm hearing voices but all they do is complain

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Be skeptical - maybe just the recording bit has been cancelled - the gig may still be on, FM104 just advertised the gig 2 mins ago, 'cos they're sponsoring it.

"I don't think anything I've ever done is wrong" - Dr. Homer Simpson

• Advertisement

IT IS CANCELLED! RRAAAAAARRR

mcd.ie website:
    Cancelled - 'A Television Audience With Marilyn Manson' At The Point
    News last updated: 29-08-2001

'A Television Audience With Marilyn Manson' due to be filmed at Dublin's Point Theatre on September 5th has unfortunately been cancelled.

The recording for DVD release has been postponed due to the film production company withdrawing from the project leaving the artist with no other option but to cancel the event.

Full ticket refunds for the recording are available from the point of purchase.

Marilyn Manson and MCD regret any inconvenience caused.

I don't like Manson all that much but that really, really, really blows. "I can't make my DVD so you get no show"...what the **** is that ****? I thought he was supposed to respect his fans everywhere on the same level as those in America, but as always it's just his image and has no substace to it when put to the test.

You give them a leg to stand on and they kick you up the **** with it...

Don't know why I said that but it's probably apt. DVD company pulling out my flute...
    I'd go for the poor ticket sales vs enormous fee arguement. If INXS cost MCD £80,000 to play the fuc king Rose of Tralee then how much was Mr "getting a bit skinny these days" Manson costing them?

"An audience with Marilyn Manson" eh? What, like the TV show on UTV with fading celebs? Were they going to get the audience to ask questions and then Marilyn would answer them and say "here's a little song I wrote about that time actually..."

ha!!! I'm delighted!!!!! so much for being rebellious!!! the talentless chancer has shown himself for the cynical moneygrabbing sap that he is, just like fred durst and his "bad back" [really down with the angsty kids, getting an old man's injury] the whole DVD thing is of course music biz code for poor ticket sales, so at least people here have more sense than to fall for hype over music....isn't it always the way, the people who talk rebellion are the most conservative!!!

" 'A Television Audience With Marilyn Manson' due to be filmed at Dublin's Point Theatre on September 5th has unfortunately been cancelled.

The recording for DVD release has been postponed due to the film production company withdrawing from the project leaving the artist with no other option but to cancel the event.

Full ticket refunds for the recording are available from the point of purchase.

Marilyn Manson and MCD regret any inconvenience caused."

Advertisement