Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Final Fantasy games on PC..

Options
  • 06-07-2001 11:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭

mmmm
    I played through 7 & 8 on the Playstation , and when i got my PC i decided to wait until 9 came out on it...
    when the hell is it going to come out ?
    confused.gif
    and... is it going to be any better?
    The Playstation version was horribly pixilated... argh*
    one of the reasons i decided to wait..

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭chernobyl

im not sure its coming out on pc, you can use bleem.
    But you cant play FF9 on it original playstation cd's, you need to copy it (its not copy protected) and crack it.

Ashley Lyn Cafagna

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭OConnor

But is there any chance of a offcial conversion a la the 7 & 8 conversions Eidos published? If so when?
    confused.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

No.

Neither FF9 nor any of the subsequent FFs will ever appear on the PC. The previous versions sold disastrously and Square was deeply unhappy with the sloppy jobs Eidos made of the conversions, by all accounts.

Right. frown.gif
    So is is FF9 worth buying on the Playstation?
    (I loved FF7 and 8)
    Nice FMV but gay chracters , simplified magic system , and Low-res graphics..
    argh**** mad.gif
    whats the world coming too!?!
    (and Squaresoft , and Eidos )
    Eidos did a decent job of publishing Deus Ex...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

FF9 rules. It's no FF7, but it beats the pants off FF8 with a very big stick. Really harks back to the roots of the series - anyone who has played the earlier FF games on the SNES will recognise much of it instantly.

• Advertisement

imho , Chrono Trigger 0wned all the Snes Final Fantasy's ; including Final Fantasy 6 (which was awesome).
    I got it on holiday in the USA.
    Original cartridges :
    CT , and Mario RPG + converter, any offers ? wink.gif

ps. am i the only person in this world who gave FF8 a chance, and enjoyed it>?

[This message has been edited by OConnor (edited 08-07-2001).]

• Registered Users Posts: 3,529 ✭✭✭SickBoy

You're not alone, I loved FF8.

yay*
    /me moves to pet sick boy , then refrains , in case hes contagious..
    Seriously tho, FF8 was well paced, had a far superior magic system, realistically proportioned characters and the most awesome FMV ever TM.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭DrunkLeprachaun

I liked 8, I just prefered 7. ****ing A intro, I didn't like the magic system though, and what's wrong with super-deformed charachters.

If there's one thing I hate, it's people.

The magic system is hard to get used to , but gives a degree of Customabilitasnisation ness ness ness that makes it class.
    Whats wrong with S-D characters?
    personally, i have no problem with them, but when infidel come in when your playing(ie. evil casual gamers ie. not hardcore RPG fans) they come in and go "hahha! hes got little sticks for arms! and he doesnt have a face!" "THATS STOOPiDD!"
    ahem.
    My only problem with FF8 is that you cant name any character and have to make do with names like "Zell" and "Seifer Almasy"...
    grr*
    many laughs are to be had naming the characters bad words in previous FF's... eg. one scene where cloud said to barett..
    "Wheres my money , Mother ****er!"
    "Ask ***** when we get back to the bar, *******"

[This message has been edited by OConnor (edited 10-07-2001).]

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭Kairo

No FF9 for pc?! This is indeed grave news....I shall have to reconsider my whole lack of buying consoles since the Snes and Megadrive. These are dark times for pc owners... frown.gif

I've learned that you shouldn't compare yourself to others - they are more screwed up than you think.

Advertisement