Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I've been looking at specs and details of the Game Cube...

Options
  • 13-07-2001 1:38pm
    Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭

... and it looks pretty cool.

Rob - you are an authority on all things Ninty, your thoughts, hopes, dreams?

I really do not want to trawl through all the trolling done on previous threads of this nature! curlydav.gif

All the best!
    Dav
    @B^)
    So Bob Hoskins was about to roll a spliff when in walks Dana with her 3 foot Bong
    [honey i] violated [the kids]
    When the Beefy King arrives, I shall be paying homage with Puunack The Receiver in a haze of green curry.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

Mmm.

Hardware wise... it's more powerful than PS2 but not quite as powerful as Xbox. Better architecture than Xbox though - I really like the memory structure, far nicer than the messy UMA in Xbox.

The hardware design isn't to everyone's tastes but it's probably the best of the next gen consoles in this respect. Tastes vary though.

The controller is beyond a doubt the best controller ever designed. Comfortable, functional, bloody brilliant.

As per usual the software will be great, and this time there will be decent third-party support because Ninty have finally moved away from bloody cartridges. At the same time copying isn't going to be a huge issue since it uses a proprietary sized DVD, which makes a lot of sense.

It's hard to see Gamecube failing. The buzz around it is great; people are genuinely looking forward to it and thinking it'll be great, but there's none of the overwhelming hype that the PS2 had and couldn't live up to.

It might not knock Sony off the top spot, but I can see it cleaning up huge wodges of market share as Sony and MS squabble over the ludicrously high-end market.

Oh, and while I don't believe that GC is exclusively aimed at kids at all, the Pokemon link-up between GBA and GC is going to sell MILLIONS of consoles. Big installed base = lots of third party support, so it's good for everyone...

Advertisement