Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HELP!!! I'm **** at Star Trek Armada !!! PLS

Options
  • 25-06-2001 3:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭

Some one help me...i was playing a lan game of armada in dnc on saturday night,you seen me there adren...well i don't even know how to mine dilithium ffs, how do you play it properly?????

[::::::> Rest In Pieces

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭MiCr0

this ain't the place
    -> games

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

but this is games micro tongue.gif

«Donal|R

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭Xithus

being one of the two guys that played (and beat u) at the lan in dnc maybe I can help you out smile.gif
    Well not to drag this out ill slap a small build que up.

-Build refinery around moon
    (a refinery per moon)

-Put 3 miners around each moon

-Build shipyard

-Build research centre

- Build Medium class ships
    (akiras, artillary, vorchas, griffens, spheres.)

-Build StarBases for crew -how many depends on your race.
    3/4 For klingons
    4/5 For Federation + Romulan
    5/7 For Borg

-Build advanced shipyards
    (mining 4 moons = 4/5 adv shipyards)
    Never stop building capital ships when (if) you get to that stage. Building the medium class ships is usually for small attacks on refinerys or defense.
    The small ships like defiants are useless dont build em.

Sorry whitelancer you know I couldnt resist posting here. biggrin.gif

p.s. I doubt that all makes sense, I dont explain myself very well smile.gif

I almost forgot,
    When your attacking Always go for shipyards. There the most important target. Unless your only a few minutes into the game, then maybe hitting a few refinerys is more worthwhile.

All in all is all we are.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭entropi

Thx for the tips xithus,i might get good enough to beat you in about 5 years..lol rolleyes.gif,no, i'm gonna play a bit more and see how i fare.
    biggrin.gif

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 257 ✭✭Jug-A-Lug

Xithus you bein naughty again

actually against borg the most important target is their research....

against klingons and feds the advanced shipyards then the science

against romulans.....dont bother they suck

biggrin.gif

Against Borg research isnt that important. If you get to the stage were cubes are being built hitting the holding beam is a good thing, but only because it takes so long to research it.

Its always shipyards. Once you stop them building ships you'll win for sure. Turrets are no match for starships.
    Whitelancer thinks you could beat me or mark jug smile.gif
    do you and spiral wanna 2v2 ? wink.gif

Im play this game non stop online sents,
    (how very sad I am)
    Playing against me wasnt the best place to start. smile.gif

Is netshop hav'n a lan this week jag ?
    If it is book 3 places for me will ya.
    Go on, we havnt played *cough*[beaten]*cough* you at armada in ages. wink.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 257 ✭✭Jug-A-Lug

if you want ill be at DnC on saturday

i would like to play a game on your team again, me and spiral have been playing 2v 2's online but its just not the same.

we OWNEd these guys cos one of them didnt build tachyon detection and i was klingon, i had a wing of vorchas sitting beside every key facilty by the time we attacked.
    he lost 2 shipyards 3 advanced shipyards and his science at the same time.....then spirals 3 wings of sovs hit him head on biggrin.gif

it didnt help that his klingon ally shockwaved his defenses trying to hit spirals sovs that were riding the wave all the way biggrin.gif

sounds like a good game, smile.gif
    We'll head to dnc this saturday, we went last week and hammered a few ppl
    (poor death sents was 1 of em wink.gif )

• Advertisement

yeah xithus, me and bossaway +someone else played 2 of you and got smashed to bits, at least i got a first play against a class armada player like yourself. I'll be in dnc sat night too so i'll play it then and get the feel of the game....and ACTUALLY MINE some dilithium tongue.gif well, c yis there cool.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭StarScream

i think im comin a bit late to this topic but i thought i should show my face as i was the other guy that beat you death smile.gif

well my face has been sufficiently shown

well xithus, i'm not that shyt at armada now but thx for leaving your last attack for me. I went down fighting but i learned a lesson: never leave a wormhole un-attended as you'll get ****ted from behind. I was Borg and didn't do too well but i'm a bit better now and you and starscream should NEVER team up in dNC as you're way too good for us. frown.gif

"that island has freedom written all over it, sir, that's cuba"

lol, yea we get *****ed at for team'n up all the time.
    You did better in that game alright, but you did have wayyy to many miners around ur moons. Put 3 around each moon in future. I murdered Scream while he was attacking that other borg guy.. hehe.
    You should try playing feds or klingons, There much easier to use than borg.

I think feds are the best for begginers their special weapons are simple to use and ya dont need much crew or Dilithium to build the fed ships.

anyways enough babbl'n, Im sure we'll see ya in Dnc again this week.. for another beating wink.gif

BTW, Scream if your read'n this do us a favour.. Take my post from above and make it make sense ok smile.gif (the build que post)

All in all is all we are.

Don't worry xithus, i'm going to dnc again on saturday so i'll play as federation this time or maybe romulan....don't know yet. I did put way too many miners that time but they all were going to the nearest moon instead of going where i put them. 3 will be enough and if there is a wormhole, i'll be sure to guard it this time..lol . And i might have as many ships as bossaway {hopefully} this time so i can go on raids to fÜck up the shipyards. see ya'll there.

P.S. try to have a bigger lan than 6 people, maybe 8 is good?

Id love an 8player lan game, but we rarely have enough interest.
    keep practicing and we'll seeya saturday night smile.gif
    OOo which reminds me I have to go book it. wink.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭StarScream

actually we wont be there on saturday as were both in work at 7 the next mornin frown.gif

shyte, well memnoch,master c and bossaway might be there so i'll have a lan game anyway if your not there. See you there next time. frown.gif

[This message has been edited by Death Sentence (edited 13-07-2001).]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭FunkyChicken

is this armada game worth gettin ?
    if so how much is it etc..?

or is there legal or otherwise site i can d/load it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Heh... How could you possibly suck at Armada..?

-Dark-Angel-

Armada rules ! The single player had a good storyline, but its awful. Stupid easy. Armada is an amazing game online, and we've had some pretty fun lan games as well.

Im sure you could d/l is from somewhere, but I wouldnt know. Smiths usually have a nice supply of it @ £34.99. A bit steep for a game thats well over a year old.

Advertisement