Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

B&W Official (EA approved) patch released

Options
  • 12-07-2001 10:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭

An email from the man himself confirms it...
    <font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">
    To: [my address]
    Subject: Official Black & White Patch Ready

Hello.

I’d like to thank you for buying Black & White and hope you’ve had many enjoyable hours playing it.

I’m writing to inform you that a free Patch for Black & White is now available to download from www.bwgame.com. This Patch not only fixes some of the problems we’ve been alerted to in the game, but also adds a number of new features to the world of Black & White.

On behalf of the entire Lionhead team I’d like to thank you again for supporting Black & White, and I hope you will get even more enjoyment out of the game by installing the enhancements within the Patch. In addition to this official Patch, we’ve been working on a host of exciting additions to Black & White. These, too, will be available as free downloads from www.bwgame.com, so please do visit the web site.

Below is a schedule of events for www.bwgame.com. Make sure you stop by and catch these, and if you haven’t already seen them, there are already new multi player maps, audio out-takes, and the Black & White Music Interface available in the site.

16th July 2001 - Villager speech available. Hear the innermost thoughts of your tribespeople.

6th August 2001 - Soccer. Enable your villagers to play matches against other tribes.

13th August 2001 - Black & White chat facility. This chat function will enable you to send and receive messages between Black & White, the new instant messenger facility and the bwgame.com web site.

Finally, we’d also like to say a big thank you to everyone who sent us game-playing reports. They were all invaluable during the making of the Patch.

Peter Molyneux
    Lionhead Studios

This email has been sent to you as a Black & White user registered on the www.bwgame.com web site, to inform you of important and necessary updates regarding Black & White.

</font>

The site also features a "music addon" available for download.

Um... thanks, Pete.

Bard
    I've got a plan... and it's as HOT... AS MY PANTS!!!" - Lord Flashheart.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

BTW... they've also got mp3's of out-takes from the guy who did the good/evil avatars... most are pretty run of the mill... some are funny...

like:

[Good]: "If you play Boyzone, your creature will vomit!..."

<Laughter>...

[Good]: "Yes... and Michael Bolton..."

[Evil]: "Believe me, if he plays Michael Bolton, he'll actually *beep* himself "... <beat>... "I know I will!"

Bard

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭Kix

Yeah, I got it today. I felt like replying with a "Dear Peter" letter:

"Dear Peter, I didn't enjoy your overhyped, overpriced game much. Hope you're enjoying my money, you git. Please take your patch and stick it up your /dev/null"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Swifty

Yes Mr.Monlynuex or whatever your name is , I honestly think that nobody gives a flying fúck about your patch.

• Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭RopeDrink

I downloaded the most recent patch, and that shoddy mp3 compatible thing, but neither will install...

"Your B&W isn't uptodate" or something...

I think I need the old beta patch installed first, which sadly isn't up for grabs anymore...

Can anyone help me!?

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by RopeDrink:
    I downloaded the most recent patch, and that shoddy mp3 compatible thing, but neither will install...

"Your B&W isn't uptodate" or something...

I think I need the old beta patch installed first, which sadly isn't up for grabs anymore...

Can anyone help me!?
    </font>

Um... no you don't...

I downloaded both, did a clean install of B&W (which I had to do anyway due to a system crash), installed the "official" patch, then installed the mp3 update, started the game, and *presto* it all worked perfectly.

Dunno what to suggest in your case unfortunately... have you made sure you were installing the patch into the [same] folder as B&W? (This should happen by default, though...)

Bard

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 317 ✭✭SHAMAN

AAAAAHHHH!!!!
    U stole my news!!And u even gave out 2 me 4 posting it in d first place!!!

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by SHAMAN:
    AAAAAHHHH!!!!
    U stole my news!!And u even gave out 2 me 4 posting it in d first place!!!
    </font>

What???

Dinna be silly boyo... people can still post about Black & White. What people gave out to you over was you insistence on a seperate board for the game because there just isn't enough interest there for a full board dedicated to it. I think this has been proven over time.

Occcchhhh!!!

Bard

• Closed Accounts Posts: 317 ✭✭SHAMAN

Ahh yes!BUT...if u search within my last topic on this, u will find dat I....
    U no, it's just not worth it.

Advertisement