Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Good Old Commodore 64... A True Diamond...

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Mr_Wonderful

C-64 happy days!! Catridge in all, tape to cd, cd to tape wow my first hacking experience. If anyone has a workable c-64 and a state of the art 5 1/4" floppy drive and is interested I have 2 boxes of C-64 discs with a load of games. Give me a shout and i might pass them on oh yeah i can remember my best friend staying over one night and i think if memory serves me right it was a wrestling game we where playing. And do any remember the josticks that time constantly breaking i think it was down to the constant left to right movement of it!! Hey do't forget the Atari ST and the spectrum first time using the spectrum was ' 10 ? "My name is"
    20 GOTO 10
    Run
    Happy Days!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 dr_bob

"Ah yeah...
    What was it called...

Can't remember, but it invloved knife throwing (Which usually resulted in a screaming woman with a blade projecting from her stomach) high wire climbs, jumping hundred's of feet into a Tub, then a bucket, then a glass... and various other great stuff...

Was a good one, that game...
    "

'fiendish freddies big top of fun ' if I remember rightly - came on a cartridge..
    always though a spy vs spy remake or last ninja 2'd make a grat HL mod but hey thats just me wink.gif

[This message has been edited by dr_bob (edited 18-07-2001).]

• Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

Ah dammit to hell all I can remember is playing Gauntlet on my Spectrum and gazing wistfully at the Atari and Omega screenshots on the back of my tape cassette inlay card...
    <sigh> biggrin.gif

It's never too late to have a happy childhood.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 HornedGod

The memories...

Elite was definitely the one I played to absolute death on my Speccy for well over six months (and still only got up to a rating of Deadly).

Other memorable classics from those bygone days:

Mercenary (flying around in the paper aeroplane!)
    Starquake
    Tomahawk (first game I had where you had to use that damn Lenslock system)
    Match Day
    Trans Am
    Skool Daze (the PC remake is worth checking out)
    The Hobbit
    All the Level 9 adventure games (swearing in Price of Magick was especially funny)
    All the Gargoyle games: Tir Na Nog, Marsport, Heavy on the Magick
    Zynaps
    Quazatron (the Speccy's answer to Paradroid)
    The Sentinel

I remember meeting Jon Ritman a few years ago at one of the ECTS shows. He was at Cranberry Source at the time, while I was at Sensible. Jon Hare ended up dragging him and his co-workers out for a few drinks and an Indian meal with our lot after the show that day. It was rather amusing :-) Nice bloke too.

HG

• Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭GreenHell

I had one of those but only for about a week till I shafted it back to were it came from and got a 286 instead smile.gif

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭DemonBaby

Favourite for me was:
    Pools of radiance,loved it to pieces.
    Others were raid over Moscow,magic carpet,Elite (my second fav),Sentinal( which i couldnt figure out)I also got a game from aan Autor called Harry Harrison a sci fi writer..the game was based on one of his characters called 'stainless steel rat saves the world'
    I should have got him to sign it and kept it in its wrapper..mosaic company publisehd it.
    twas crap though.
    used to hire games from a company in England and copy them on the dual decked stereo in college.I mean back them up..not copy. smile.gif.
    Anyone else use the zx80 and then was awestruck with the zx81?. smile.gif
    DemonBaby.

Advertisement