Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deus Ex question (spoiler)

Options
  • 22-07-2001 5:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭

I'm on the fourth level I think, I've gone back to the NSF HQ in New York where I have to send a distress signal to everyone with the satelites. I've done that, and then all the UNATCO troops start shooting at me, then I leg it off the roof, back to the 'ton hotel to meet Paul as is supposed to happen, but the bástard isn't there and there's about 15 díckheads waiting outside with 3 MIB's and they blow the bejesus out of me.
    Can anyone tell me where I'm supposed to meet Paul ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,082 ✭✭✭Chris_533976

Something went bad I think... What happened when I did it was I went back into the Ton - no MIB's etc - talked to Paul, then the MIB's etc appear. (Not saying what happens - suffice to say just blow the ****e out of them).

Try doing the end of the previous mission again. Or else keep trying to blast the MIB's.

--Chris--

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

DID U GO in by the window and not the door??

i think thers a bug if u go in all guns blazing through the door or something. Never had a problem there.

my only current prob is my save funstion causes the game to crash so i cant save and i'm trying to start over.

Dont u h8 how u cant go every direction in deus ex on uer 1st go?? I always h8ed first level cause i spend 2 hours going all over the island arresting all the terrs and cheaking every route. I H8 leaving any part of a game unexplored. happens in half life too i would go 1 way killing everyone then double back to see wha was down other way. Took me twice as long as anyone else to complete game cause i explored everything on my first go frown.gif

nasty habit i got from final fantasy or sonic biggrin.gif

People of the Boards

I have a cunning plan

and before u ask how cunning

just trust me its cunning

oooo thats cunning

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭OConnor

I also encountered several glitches like these in Deus Ex, but persevere as it is an excellent game. Try getting the Patch from www.planetdeusex.com (ithink) if you think it will help. To counter these occasional problems ( I keep shooting people who it turns out later are mission critical and have to repeat several hours play)
    Quick save every where biggrin.gif
    Up the Ladder from the back of the 'Ton, in the window, then through the bedroom and he is on your right looking humble , sitting on a chair. I hope this helps.

[This message has been edited by OConnor (edited 22-07-2001).]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭Kix

Hmmm....

I'm sure that I've heard of this problem before. I'd imagine that the patch corrects it. Personally I went in the window of the 'Ton as well and Paul was alive and well on the chair.

Grab a few LAMs and your GEP gun, get in that window and save your brother, dammit!

K

• Registered Users Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Fidelis

I think I'll just replay the mission again, see what happens. I have the patch by the way, so it's not that. I'll let you's know how it turns out smile.gif
    Cheers for the help.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

I entered and left by the window, however if you make any noise whatsoever the place just swarms with troops.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Silence is definitly golden and you've gotta go through the window - I tried the main door before and I didn't last very long...

All the best!
    Dav
    @B^)
    So Bob Hoskins was about to roll a spliff when in walks Dana with her 3 foot Bong
    [honey i] violated [the kids]
    When the Beefy King arrives, I shall be paying homage with Puunack The Receiver in a haze of green curry.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭theCzar

never tried the door, a tip if you start again is stun all the unatco guards you can along the way and choose the ballistic protection aug, i just can't bring myself to shoot the poor blighters...

are you sure you've searched the flat? i missed him the 1st time i played but the guards never showed up before i found him

...And now i will kill you... WITH DEATH

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭Kix

A couple of LAMS on the wall inside the door will make short work of the MIB when they break it in. smile.gif

After that it just takes patience to take out your former colleagues.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

i went through the front door of the 'ton and Paul wasn't in the apartment however as i stepped back out i was confronted by a whole loada MiBs and troops who blasted the bejaysus out of me.
    i had autosaved in the apartment but had to back to my proper save back in liberty island(needless to say i was ****ed off) , do everything again, get into the apartment via window and then Paul was there.

• Advertisement
Advertisement