Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iris mag launch

Options
  • 07-02-2003 7:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭

really good gig, only got to see louise byrne and the 66 electric fully, and then a bit of elton mullally and speedman

the 66 electric are a fúckin class band!!! each time i hear them they are getting better and better, and i loved them the first time i heard them so ya can imagine what i think now, feckin brilliant
    www.the66electric.com

and louise byrne, excellent as well, gotta love that song 'close as i can get'
    www.louisebyrnemusic.com

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 388 ✭✭da_deadman

Sorry i missed last night but I think polar and 66 electric are both really good. The 66 electric cd thats in tower records (I died in a movie) is great. Lookin forward to seeing both of those bands in the near future

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Minidee

Yea was a great night..gotta agree with Polarbelly, 66e and Louise Byrne were absolutely class, great gig:)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

Speedman were so damn good.

The guinness was so damn good.

It was so damn good that I was unable to present a meeting this morning, and was only able to drink bottles of coke and hum Speedman songs under my breath. Until the vending machine ran out of coke. I would have cried, but I was too dehydrated.

I know there was some stuff I said I was going to post, but I don't remember much, except for attempting to win an Oscar for Best Female Performance.

Oh, and I remember buying 15 monetary units worth of chocolate in the Spar. AND eating it.

Yeah, so, www.speedman.ie . Visit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 406 ✭✭the66electric

I'm still just so happy about the free food. It was so free...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 406 ✭✭the66electric

It was also a touch of genius to have an acoustic room. It really was. If the bands weren't your style you could just go in and sit on the floor and relax. Polar (only 2nd ever acoustic performance!) were fantastic, they really re-invented their songs for the crowd. All gigs should be this much fun to be part of.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

Or sit on the comfy couch and relax, as the case may be...hee hee.

yeah, I have to say not a lot of bands can do the accoustic and er...not- accoustic thing equally well, but I have to say its my 2nd time seeing Polar do that and they really were brilliant.

Advertisement