Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Newspapers

Options
  • 07-02-2003 10:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭

I need to get access to news papers from 1937 for a reseach project i'm doing where could i go?

Can i see these in libraries?
    If so which ones, where do you ask, is there a waiting time, do u need to book?

Is there anyting else you need to do?

/thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,436 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Try Pearse Street Library, the Central Library in the ILAC centre or the newspaper itself.
    [edit]Apologies, too many windows open[/edit]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭Kappar

Originally posted by Victor
    I can't believe this. :rolleyes:

Rhode ESB staff reject closure package
    Friday, 7th February, 2003

Staff at the defunct power station in Rhode, Co Offaly closure, an additional upfront net payment of €5,000, and payment of a taxable lump-sum equivalent to one year's salary after 11 months.

Shocking :D:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Chances are that any uni library will have a silly amount of newspapers (probably on microfiche) going back a silly amount of time. UL has them since the early 70s (when the place was founded) so older places like UCC, TCd etc will almost certainly have newspapers from the 1930s. You should just be able to get the microfiche and use it without booking at all.

Advertisement