Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Late Late Show Iraq debate

Options
  • 07-02-2003 11:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭

Its on right now, take a look.

Mike.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 649 ✭✭✭The Cigarette Smoking Man

Very good. The Iraqi lady that phoned in made a very convincing argument.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I was struck by the difference between Higgins and the Iraq dissident, the former full of his patented "I'm so indignant" vocal quivering and hand wringing and the quiet anger of the other chap as he listened to the ex Minister for Galway.

Mike.

Originally posted by daveirl
    Michael D is the most annoying person in the world. He made me want to go and attack Iraq just to piss him off.
    LOL:D
    I shouldn't laugh, at such a serious subject though.
    There were three Iraqi's , one in the audience, one on the panel and the other on the phone.
    Michael D was struggling, with the guy on the panel, as he explained that over the last 15 years Sadam had been responsible for the deaths of 300,000 of his own citizens, and did we really want to allow that to continue.
    The man in question at 15 has had his whole immediate family killed by the regime and was forced after the killing of his mother to watch her post mortem.
    Here was an Iraqi arguing for Regime change and quite happy to see a war, even with thousands of innocents being killed, that didnt go down well with Michael D!
    The other two were equally condemning of Sadams murderous torurous regime,but argued for more monitoring, not war.
    Monitoring of human rights that is.
    mm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

Originally posted by daveirl
    Michael D is the most annoying person in the world. He made me want to go and attack Iraq just to piss him off.

Actually that Iraqi guy on the panel gave me the exact same feeling towards that county. Hopefully Iraq isn't populated by too many fat pompous arrogant arseholes like him (and that it's just run by one).

Starting your debate by saying 'ACTUALLY Mr.Kenny my name is pronounced Al'Sada (or whatever it was)' isn't really a way to warm people to your opinions.

His whole arguement seemed to consist of 'Sir! I am an Iraqi citizen (can't you tell how often I've been out there lately from my Ox-bridge accent?) therefore I am right and none you have any idea what you are talking about The End!'

Michael D. tho didn't really do himself justice either and would be a worthy nominee for this years 'will somebody please think of the children' award. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
Advertisement